none
I would like to remove my picture from my outlook contact

Question

• Greetings,

Recently, my company has decided to post our pictures on all outgoing emails through Outlook.  They posted a picture of me against my wishes and refuse to remove it.  As I do not have access to the exchange server directly, and I'm not sure how they added the picture, I'd like to know if there is a way to modify settings so that my picture is NOT displayed on emails that I send to others.

By the way, I know that I can turn off the display of other people's pictures through Options and have already done so.  Please do not provide me with instructions for this.  I want to know how to stop MY picture from being displayed on all of my outgoing emails.

Thank you.

-Lisa

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:00 PM

All replies

• Where exactly did they add these pictures according to you? Where do you see it?
    You'd only be sending out emails with a picture if it is included in your signature and then it will show up in the message body.

Other than that, there is no way that you are sending out emails with your picture.

You probably are talking about the People Pane here. In that case, if the picture is coming from your company, then it is only visible to other people within your company. If it is coming from a Social Connector Provider such as Facebook or LinkedIn, then you need to modify your permissions within Facebook or LinkedIn itself as you then have set that to public instead of friends/contacts only. So the picture isn't actually included, it is being retrieved internally or from social media.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:13 PM
  • It is showing up in the top right corner of the email.  In the area where the From, To, CC, BCC and Subject fields are displayed.  It does not show up in the signature. 

The pictures do only show up internally. 

I do not know how or where they added the pictures, however I do know that it is not through Facebook or LinkedIn.  I don't have an account with either.  When they told me about it, it did sound like it was going to be retrieved internally. 

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:36 PM
  • hi Lisa,

From the description of where the picture is located it sounds like your IT department added photos to the Global Address List. I'm guessing the photos themselves would have come from HR? Do you recognise your own photo as one you have submitted to the company?

They probably did something like this: http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/03/10/gal-photos-in-exchange-2010-and-outlook-2010.aspx

If this is the case you cannot change that - it's only possible for the administrators.

hope this helps,
    David
    :: Please remember to vote if the info helped you :: Please post back so everyone can benefit from the solution ::

• Proposed as answer by Techie Smurf Monday, June 11, 2012 1:14 PM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 2:26 AM
  • That is indeed as I described; they added a picture for your user account. If you do not like this, you can complain with your manager or HR department. There is nothing technical you can do about this yourself as it is being controlled on the server.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

• Proposed as answer by Techie Smurf Monday, June 11, 2012 1:14 PM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 7:41 AM
  • Double click on your picture and choose remove picture.  It worked for me.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:45 PM