none
Windows 7, Office 2010 install/repair issue - "SingleImage.ww\SIWW2.cab"

Question

• I have had trouble with XLSX file associations with my new Office 2010 install on a new Windows 7 machine so decided to repair Office 2010 to see if that would help.

During repair, the installer cannot locate the file "SingleImage.ww\SIWW2.cab".  I can see the file on the disk but when I tell it the location it says invalid location.

I think I remember seeing a similar issue during original install.

Any thoughts as to why it might be causing probs.

• Moved by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:39 AM (From:Outlook IT Pro Discussions)
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 1:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you uninstall it completely then re-install instead of repairing.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:40 AM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

I got the same trouble with Office 2010 on Windows 7. The error message appeared during installation of Office 2010 on a rather new machine. The installation asked for "SingleImage.ww\SIWW.cab", not "SingleImage.ww\SIWW2.cab". However both of them are available on the machine.

It appears that Microsoft needs to take action!

All suggestions are very wellcome.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 11:28 PM
  • Do you have a previous version of Office installed?

-B-
    http://www.officeforlawyers.com
    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I bought the PC machine with Windows 7 (64 bits) and a pre-installed “Microsoft Office Activation” (or something quite similar name). To activate the MS Office, it should only be necessary with a serial number. However, the MS Office folder containng “SingleImage.ww\SIWW.cab” was blocked. Instead, I have to remove all MS Office features on the machine and then solve the problem by re-installing the software bought and downloaded from Digital River (which is Microsoft Office 2010 online store). They did not provide any support, just referring to Microsoft which is quite bad since this is a common problem during download from their website!

• Proposed as answer by Mr.Pyrite Sunday, December 05, 2010 6:14 PM
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 6:13 PM
  • Same exact problem on a Window XP SP3 machine.  Would be nice if products actually installed - they are a little easier to sell and support.  I've scoured the web and there isn't any solution to this problem I've been able to find.  Pathetic Office release.  I should have recommended skipping this release to my  15 license client. FAIL
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:07 AM
  • This worked for me on a retail box Office 2010 Business on Windows 7 64-bit:

- deselect the "[ ] Automatically try to activate your product" in one of the first setup screens (so activate later)
    - Choose Custom installation, deselect some applications (I chose to deselect Excel and Onenote)
    - disable your internet connection of if you're on a LAN, disconnect network cable

In my case installation then continued past the point where normally the 1335 SIWW2.CAB error appeared.

Once installed, go to Programs and Features, choose Office 2010, Modify, and add the applications you deselected in the Custom screen.

Activation will happen the first time you start an Office application.

Probably only one of the three steps is sufficient, but I really didn't bother to experiment more to narrow it down, had lost enough time already investigating the extent of the error. MS : get your stuff together !!

Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:13 PM
  • This worked for me on a retail box Office 2010 Business on Windows 7 64-bit:

- deselect the "[ ] Automatically try to activate your product" in one of the first setup screens (so activate later)
    - Choose Custom installation, deselect some applications (I chose to deselect Excel and Onenote)
    - disable your internet connection of if you're on a LAN, disconnect network cable

In my case installation then continued past the point where normally the 1335 SIWW2.CAB error appeared.

Once installed, go to Programs and Features, choose Office 2010, Modify, and add the applications you deselected in the Custom screen.

Activation will happen the first time you start an Office application.

Probably only one of the three steps is sufficient, but I really didn't bother to experiment more to narrow it down, had lost enough time already investigating the extent of the error. MS : get your stuff together !!

Worked fine! 

disconnect was not necessary

Thanks Pat

Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:16 AM
  • There is a fresh installation of an Acer Windows 7 Professional x86 (de-DE) with preinstalled Office 2007 Trial.

Used all FixIts for 2003, 2007 and 2010.

Unselected automatic activation.

Disabled network connections.

Disabled MS Security Essentials.

Installed any Update for Windows until today.

Tried an original Office 2010 Business DVD (x86).

Tried a downloaded Office 2010 OEM with integrated SP1 (x86) package.

Unselected some Office products (as the post down there says).

IT DOES NOT WORK, BECAUSE OF THAT SIWW2.CAB!

Some hours later, i discovered using 7Zip that Office Setup should have said: the image (specifically that SIWW2.cab) is bad. Fresh download from microsoft.com works as expected. throw new ExceptionInvalidException("WAH");
    • Edited by metadings Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:32 PM Final Solution
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:52 AM
  • Here is a much easier solution if you're installing office 2010 from a downloaded file:

• Unzip the downloaded file with WinRar
    • When the error appears, browse to the unzipped folder and copy SIWW2.CAB
    • Browse to the temp folder where the installer has extracted it's files (for instance: C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\Temp\OWPAA23.tmp\SingleImage.WW) and paste SIWW2.CAB here (overwrite existing file)
    • In the message just select 'OPEN' and the installer will continue

I guess that the extracting process of the installer might get corrupted with some anti-virus software running.

Good luck.

Friday, December 02, 2011 10:05 PM
  • So do i
    Friday, April 20, 2012 10:26 AM
  • Just wanted to say that this also worked for me.  Running a brand new POS laptop.  Ran the above fixes and it worked like a champ!  Thanks!  BTW, I had installed the 32-bit version and it worked for that as well.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 6:38 AM
  • The deselecting of the "[ ] Automatically try to activate your product" worked for me too. Thanks for figuring that out and sharing it.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 4:57 PM
  • The deselecting of the '[ ] Automatically try to activate your product' worked for me too. Thanks for figuring that out and sharing it.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 4:57 PM
  • The deselecting of the '[ ] Automatically try to activate your product' worked for me too. Thanks for figuring that out and sharing it, Pat.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 4:58 PM