none
How do I import Outlook Express message files into Outlook 2013 without using LiveMail

Question

• I bought a new Windows 7 computer and have copied the Outlook Express .dbx files from the old XP computer onto the new one. Outlook 2013 's import facility does not have a .dbx option.  I  do not want to use Windows Live for anything. How do I import my Outlook Express mail files into Outlook 2013 ?

• Edited by user195 Monday, March 11, 2013 7:33 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It isn't only to Outlook 2013, other versions of Outlook cannot access the .dbx files directly.

In the situation, Windows Live Mail is needed to transfer the mail data to Outlook.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It isn't only to Outlook 2013, other versions of Outlook cannot access the .dbx files directly.

In the situation, Windows Live Mail is needed to transfer the mail data to Outlook.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:19 AM
  • It’s simple you just have to use MailMigra DBX to PST Converter (open-dbx-in-outlook2013.mailmigra.com), once emails of Outlook express are converted in PST format then you can open them in MS Outlook 2013 as it supports pst files. Just have an MS Outlook 2013 account created first for successful conversion.

Monday, February 10, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Yes, but Windows Live is not available anymore...

Monday, April 28, 2014 6:27 PM