none
OneNote 2007 notebooks no longer synching, since Sharepoint 2010 upgrade

Question

• I have always stored my OneNote documents on our Sharepoint server.  This past summer, we upgraded our Sharepoint to 2010.  Since that exact date, my notebooks will no longer synch.   Are the two not compatible?  Should I backup my notebooks (I have, of course, already done that) and then reload them into my Mysite folder?  (I actually just thought about doing this...I'm just totally freaking out about losing these files.)

I asked our Sharepoint person about this, and she said that I probably have to upgrade my Office version to 2010, but  she's guessing.  I'm not at a point where I want to go through that yet (I'll have to go to Win 7 at the same time), so I want to stay put on my versions for now.  Is there something that "broke" when Sharepoint went to 2010?  Everything I find online states that OneNote 2007 will work fine with Sharepoint 2010.  ???

• Edited by CWBvbcps Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:12 PM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi

Ÿ   Run Detect and Repair in OneNote

1. Start OneNote 2007.
    2. On the Help menu, click Office Diagnostics.
    3. Click Continue.
    4. Click Run Diagnostics.
    5. When the problem with the stationery files is identified, Office Diagnostics will offer to run the repair process and to restore the files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825926

Ÿ   Close OneNote template, and then re-open your template test this issue.

Best regards

William Zhou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, November 14, 2011 8:36 AM
  • Not sure how that will help me.  I have a OneNote 2007 notebook, on my VISTA pc, that up until our Sharepoint upgrade to 2010, was synched up to our Sharepoint server.  I could access the files from home, from here, from anywhere.  I can no longer sync my notebooks to that location.  I had to create backups out on a shared drive and sync there, so that I would ensure they would be safe.  I tried deleting all of my notebooks on the server, and uploading them again, from my pc.  When I try to open the notebook from Mysite, on Sharepoint, I get "Your request cannot be completed because the service cannot be found or did not respond. The service might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your network settings."  Onenote will open, but it gives me the error, and then opens the files that I have on my computer.  If I try to edite the sync location for my notebook, I click on  "change location" and then browse to my Sharepoint site, and select my "Personal Notebook" folder, I get an error "Personal Notebook The folder name is not valid." 

Several people have had this same issue apparently. But I see no resolution for it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-onenote/cannot-connect-to-onenote-files-located-on/d9f24cde-9179-41b7-a5ab-a85ca118cc0c

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:40 PM