none
Proposed new time showing as sent on behalf as organiser even though they are not a delegate.

Question

• We are using Exchange 2010 SP2 and Outlook 2010. User A sent a meeting invite out to a number of internal colleagues. User B proposed a new time for the meeting. When the update was sent it showed ‘user B on behalf of user A’. I have checked using ExFolders and user B has no delegated access user to user A’s free/busy information. I checked user A’s account in the Exchange Management Console, user B does not have send as permission. Is this expected behaviour as it implies user B has delegated access which they don’t?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:06 PM

Answers

• I have found a similar post so it looks like it's expected behaviour...

Meeting request shows "on behalf of" the message organizer

This occurs if a recipient of a meeting request then forwards the meeting request. This is considered normal behaviour. It is best practice to not forward meeting requests if you are not the meeting organizer. Replying to a meeting request does not show "on behalf of".

• Marked as answer by mmexchange Friday, April 13, 2012 8:03 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:23 PM

All replies

• Similar environment as you, except that I am using Exchange 2007. Tested and I don’t see the message showed “user B on behalf of user A”. I will consider if there any factor causes this expected problem later.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:00 AM
  • I have found a similar post so it looks like it's expected behaviour...

Meeting request shows "on behalf of" the message organizer

This occurs if a recipient of a meeting request then forwards the meeting request. This is considered normal behaviour. It is best practice to not forward meeting requests if you are not the meeting organizer. Replying to a meeting request does not show "on behalf of".

• Marked as answer by mmexchange Friday, April 13, 2012 8:03 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:23 PM