none
Office 2010 with Arabic language pack

Question

• Hi

All our clinet PCs have Office 2007 with 2007 Arabic language pack. We created the Office 2010 silent installation package using OCT, but how can we able to add 2010 Arabic language pack to this SCCM package

Regards

LMS
    • Edited by Laljeev Madanamma Sunday, September 11, 2011 2:15 PM
    • Moved by Michael W [MSFT] Friday, September 16, 2011 4:07 PM needs help on how to get office installed before even using SCCM (From:Configuration Manager Software Distribution)
    Sunday, September 04, 2011 11:11 AM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Anoop C Nair Monday, September 05, 2011 2:30 AM
    Sunday, September 04, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Hi

Thank You, but still doubt how could I achieve it

Regards

LMS
    Sunday, September 04, 2011 12:40 PM
  • Edit the config.xml file and add the language like the example from the technet article:

<AddLanguage Id="ru-ru" />

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: http://blog.coretech.dk/author/kea/ and http://scug.dk/ | Twitter @Agerlund | Linkedin: /kentagerlund
    • Proposed as answer by Anoop C Nair Monday, September 05, 2011 2:30 AM
    Sunday, September 04, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Some more details of installation below

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3034-how-can-i-deploy-office-2010-professional-plus-using-sccm-2007/

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, September 05, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Some more details of installation below

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3034-how-can-i-deploy-office-2010-professional-plus-using-sccm-2007/

Were is applying language packs (and that's what Laljeev was asking for) mentioned in that article?
    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de
    Monday, September 05, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi LMS,

Does the information in the below links help?

Customize language setup and settings for Office 2010

How can I deploy Office 2007 with SCCM

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Hi

We failed to install the language pack along with Office Professional Plus installation. For testing we tried below steps from Win 7 machine

a) Copied Office professional plus media to folder

b) Created the OCT (setup /admin) and then mentioned the required parameters and kept in root folder where setup.exe located

c) Copied the Arabic language pack folders to same folder

d) Modified the Config.xml with <AddLanguage Id="en-us" ShellTransform="yes"/> <AddLanguage Id="ar-sa" /> and kept the file in root folder where setup.exe located

e) now the command setup.exe /adminfile createdoctfile.MSP is not at all installing the language pack, it's just upgrading Office 2007 to 2010.

Please we need your help very urgently

Regards

LMS
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Shouldn't that be 2 steps to install?

1. Install the customized office 2010 version (your msp)
    2. Install the languagepack (your modified config.xml from the language pack)

Miguel Rodriguez
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:55 PM
  • Hi,
    as per the Technet article I posted above: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179145.aspx#BKMK_ModifyExisting

[config.xml does not reside in the root folder, with setup.exe. And, you must explicitly call config.xml]

7. Save the Config.xml file. Run Setup.exe and specify the path of your modified Config.xml file.

You must use a full qualified path. For example: \\server\share\Office14\setup.exe /config \\server\share\Office14\ProPlus.WW\Config.xml

where Office14 is the root of the network installation point.

Because Setup also recognizes language packs as separate products, make sure that you specify the Config.xml file for the Office product that you are updating, and not the language pack.

Don
    • Edited by DonPick Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:10 PM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:08 PM
  • Hi

Sorry, I'm totally confused. Please confirm whether it's possible to install both Office 2010 professional plus along with language pack (with proofing tools from Language pack) or should we first install Office 2010 and later Proofing tools / language pack. If prefer later then why we copied language pack folders to original Office 2010 installation folder?

Regards

LMS
    Monday, September 12, 2011 9:25 AM
  • Hi, you can do it either way. It is recommended to do both together by merging the LP into the Office setup.
    Don
    Monday, September 12, 2011 11:14 AM
  • Hi Don

I totally failed with 1st option. The steps involved copying the contents of language pack to original Office folder, edited the config.xml (in Proplus.WW folder) file with <AddLanguage Id="ar-sa" /> and configure admin file (msp file). This installs the language arabic for editing, but won't install the proofing tool. If we check the Office 2010 tools/ MS Office 2010 Language Settings it will display the proofing tools as Not installed. Later using the config.xml found in OMUI.ar-sa folder (with options <Display Level="basic" CompletionNotice="yes" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="yes" />) and using setup.exe which comes with Language pack we are able to install the proofing tools for Arabic language.

Here my doubt is what is the need to copy Arabic language pack folders to original Office 2010 folder if we install Office 2010 and arabic proofing tools in 2 step installation.

Regards

LMS
    Monday, September 12, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

i had to install german/english some time ago and what worked for me was:

Copy all Language folders in the office folder (all that end with de-de in my case), you should have two of all of them.
    Edit the config.xml in the top folder (not in the proplus.ww Folder!!) like that:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">
     <AddLanguage Id="match" ShellTransform="yes" />
     <AddLanguage Id="en-us" />
     <AddLanguage Id="de-de" />,

configured my company.msp and saved it to the updates folder and told SCCM to run the setup.exe

Worked quite well and should work for you, too.
    All the proofing tools are installed + both Office Languages

Best regards

Markus

• Proposed as answer by Markus Burggraf Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:26 PM