none
Outlook Connector Crashing Outlook 2007 When Adding a New Contact

Question

• All,

I'm running the Outlook Connector version 14.0.6106.5001 to connect Outlook 2007 SP3 (verision 12.0.6607.1000) to Hotmail.  When I attempt to add a new Outlook contact by right-clicking on their address in an email message and choosing "Add to Outlook Contacts" is crashes everytime with the following error. 

Event ID: 1000

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6607.1000, stamp 4e398dcd, faulting module msncon32.dll, version 14.0.6106.5001, stamp 4df9b49f, debug? 0, fault address 0x000c7a3c

I have uninstalled Office 2007 and the Office Connector, gone under the Registry and filesystem removing every trace of the application, then reinstalled it and still have the same problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Rob,

No such behavior in my machine.

First, please download Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector from our official website http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/microsoft-office-outlook-hotmail-connector-overview-HA010222518.aspx.

Then please install this software in Windows clean mode with no AVG/Firewall (especially turn off mail scanner module) environment. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

If the issue still persists, please try to launch Outlook with the safe mode command. You may also create a new Outlook profile to test it as well.

Feel free to post back.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 11, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Thanks for the follow-up on this.  I've tried all of the suggestions listed but I still have the same problem.  I was especially surprised to see the same behavior under Safe Mode.  Any other suggestions?

I'm assuming its something with this specific version of Outlook as I've not had any problems under Outlook 2010.  An upgrade is unfortunately not an option at this time for this customer.

Thanks again,
    Rob

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:02 AM
  • You may create a new Outlook profile or even change a Windows user Profile for further checking.

Thanks.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:02 AM
  • It's not because you are on Outlook 2007 - it should work with it. Can you use the contacts folder ok? Is the hotmail account set as the default for both email accounts and data files? (tools, account settings)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:52 AM
  • Thanks for the responses.  I've attempted creating a new profile as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2007.  I can open a Contact, add a Contact to an email, etc.  The only time the problem happens is when right-click on an address to add it as a new Contact.  Any additional ideas are greatly appreciated.

Rob

Monday, June 04, 2012 2:30 AM
  • We are also experiencing this error with Outlook 2007 when using the Outlook Hotmail connector.  Specifically when making changes to or adding contacts.  This does not happen every time a change is made but very often.  Outlook restarts and the process repeats.  Again, not every time a change has been made.  Running on Windows XP with all latest patches to March 20,2013

Exact error is Event ID 1000 Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6668.5000, stamp 508314b2, faulting module msncon32.dll

Based on searches at other sites we have tried:

Assuring latest Hotmail connector is installed

Removed and re-installed connector

Created a new profile and reconfigured Outlook and connector

Above suggestions from http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/94e3ec0f-74c5-41e2-8f1d-1aa432ce8674/

Deleted mso.dll  and allowed Office to recreate

Performed a repair on Office

Another post suggested KB2412171creates this issue and a removal with work as a patch but this update does not exist on the problem system.

This impacts only one system but it is a key system that uses some specialized software.  While a wipe may be possible, the time required is significant.

Dave

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:07 PM