none
Outlook 2010 - Microsoft Exchange -and Data Files can't remove?

Question

• I installed Office 2010 and when it installed it ask me for my email address.  I gave it an email I was using at the time and it self-configured the email account information, data files and Microsoft Exchange for that email account.  I no longer use that email account.  I no longer have access privileges to that email account(exchange server).  I can’t delete (remove) the configure information in my email setup for that Microsoft Exchange and Outlook 2010 keeps asking for it and I can’t send emails.

-          Jlc509

Monday, July 19, 2010 3:24 PM

Answers

• You should be able to use the mail applet in the control panel to define a new mail profile.  Other than that, you didn't say if there is anything left in the Exchange account you need, so you might now want to delete the old profile as you might be able to start the computer w/out any type of network connection to access whatever you might have stored locally in the OST.

I installed Office 2010 and when it installed it ask me for my email address.  I gave it an email I was using at the time and it self-configured the email account information, data files and Microsoft Exchange for that email account.  I no longer use that email account.  I no longer have access privileges to that email account(exchange server).  I can�??t delete (remove) the configure information in my email setup for that Microsoft Exchange and Outlook 2010 keeps asking for it and I can�??t send emails.

-          Jlc509

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:20 AM

All replies

• You should be able to use the mail applet in the control panel to define a new mail profile.  Other than that, you didn't say if there is anything left in the Exchange account you need, so you might now want to delete the old profile as you might be able to start the computer w/out any type of network connection to access whatever you might have stored locally in the OST.

I installed Office 2010 and when it installed it ask me for my email address.  I gave it an email I was using at the time and it self-configured the email account information, data files and Microsoft Exchange for that email account.  I no longer use that email account.  I no longer have access privileges to that email account(exchange server).  I can�??t delete (remove) the configure information in my email setup for that Microsoft Exchange and Outlook 2010 keeps asking for it and I can�??t send emails.

-          Jlc509

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:20 AM
  • I can't find the mail.app in the control pannel in windows 8
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:21 PM
  • While on the Start screen, press the Windows key then type Mail - this starts search. Use the arrow key to select Settings. Outlook's mail applet is there, in Settings.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:09 AM