none
Unable to uninstall Office Pro plus 2010

Question

• Somehow my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 installation got messed up. It was working just fine but months ago I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I had to uninstall it because the license was about to expire and when I went back to Windows 7 my office suite was messed up. The only program that shows up in the start menu now is Outlook. When I try to open it, it says it has to configure the installation, but then it gives me error 1706 which says setup cannot find the required files, check your connection to the network or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem see SETUP.CHM. When I tried to uninstall it through the application wizard, it tells me that the installer language isn't compatible with my system. I've tried to uninstall it using Microsoft fix it but that hasn't worked either.

I've also tried to uninstall it manually using the video provided and that hasn't worked either. Even after I've followed the video closely and uninstalled everything from the files and registry, it still says that I can't install it again because it says I'm missing certain files, and it gives me a pop-up box to locate the certain files that are missing but I have no idea what to do with it. I'm starting to run out of options and I could really use some help, can anybody tell me another way that I can do this or direct me to a place where I can figure it out.
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How do you uninstall the Windows 8? Have you reinstalled your Windows 7 system?

Refer to the following instruction, it seems we cannot turn the Windows 8 system back to Windows 7:

Can I uninstall Windows 8 Release Preview?

No. To go back to your previous version of Windows, you'll need to reinstall it from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC; typically DVD media. If you don’t have recovery media you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer’s website for more information. After you install Windows 8, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

For instructions on reinstalling Windows 7, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7.

More information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/faq

I would suggestion you install the Office Pro plus 2010 suite with a new Windows 7 system.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:20 AM