none
can send but not receive mail in outlook 2013

Question

• I just started to have the same issue. I have multiple PC's all running outlook 2013 and one of them just stopped receiving mail.
    The others work fine, and yeah I check that it is set to receive mail in the options, along with many other typical tasks  like dissabling the av.

This is on WIN 7 pro.
    I have uninstalled office. Deleted my ost and pst. Reinstalled office and re-created my mail account.  Same issue. There must be some other setting in my profile or registry that is persisting

I am about to go back to Office 2010, I have already gone back to Win 7 after a terrible experience with 8.1 and its media centre licence issue and lack of driver support (which worked under WIN 8!!).

Seriously Microsoft! Do you just hate people?

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is the account type? Exchange, IMAP or POP3? Is it working fine to receive emails on Webmail(OWA)? It is preferred if you could provide any error code/message.

The first thing that should be checked up is if the account has been setup properly, you may need to contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider) to get the information you need to setup the account.

If you press Send/Receive All Folders button, can you get new messages? Please go to SEND/RECEIVE tab -> Send/Receive Groups -> Define Send/Receive Groups -> For All Accounts, under Setting for group "All Accounts", set Schedule an automatic send/receive every "X" minutes, we can set X as you need.

Please create a new profile to test if the issue persists:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Thanks,

Melon Chen

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the account type? Exchange, IMAP or POP3? Is it working fine to receive emails on Webmail(OWA)? It is preferred if you could provide any error code/message.

The first thing that should be checked up is if the account has been setup properly, you may need to contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider) to get the information you need to setup the account.

If you press Send/Receive All Folders button, can you get new messages? Please go to SEND/RECEIVE tab -> Send/Receive Groups -> Define Send/Receive Groups -> For All Accounts, under Setting for group "All Accounts", set Schedule an automatic send/receive every "X" minutes, we can set X as you need.

Please create a new profile to test if the issue persists:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Thanks,

Melon Chen

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Melon Chen

Forum Support

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:06 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Thanks,

Melon Chen

Forum Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 12:11 PM
  • Hi,

I am having the same issue with Outlook 2013. I have a Hotmail account and 2 IMAP accounts. When pressing F9 my Hotmail account send/receives but the other 2 accounts seem to only send. They will receive later when the auto group send/receive timer lapses which by default is set to 30 minutes.

In order to force a receive from my IMAP account which are with 2 separate providers I need to click the send/receive tab and click update folder. The inbox of the account which is highlighted updates immediately which is a behavior I used to get from simply clicking F9 across all accounts.

I have navigated to send/receive tab > send/receive groups > define send/receive groups > edit > accounts. Whether there are some changes that need to be done there that I missed is why I am typing this message.

Thanks for reading.

Friday, May 09, 2014 1:30 AM