none
PowerPoint 2010 Animation Delay limited to 60 Seconds

Question

• I have a slide with a 3 Min 30 Sec video clip, while the video clip runs, I have various animations that pop on and off the slide to highlight the video. Because the video is so long, I have to start all the animations as "With Previous" and set the delay accordingly. This works great until you need to delay more than 60 seconds. In PPT 2007, I was able to set the delay to whatever I needed.

I had to redo my video and thus adjust the timings of the animations, now I can't set the timing past 60 seconds.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks Ron...
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:05 PM

Answers

• I found a work-around thay you might try.  Instead of using the text box to input the timing, use the slider on the timeline shown in the animation pane.  I found you can move the slider past 60 sec whereas the text box is limited to 60 sec or less.

• Marked as answer by RonInOttawa Friday, January 21, 2011 1:38 PM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 12:35 AM
  • There is a way Sally - Span the video over several slides. Then on the subsequent slides, the delay is no longer relative to the video file but to the previous animation even, so you don't have to use "With Previous" - It took me a while to figure thisout, but it works.

It would be nice in Microsoft had not played with this setting though.

Cheers.

Ron...

Thanks Ron...
    • Marked as answer by RonInOttawa Friday, May 28, 2010 3:14 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 3:14 PM

All replies

• Dear Ron,

I have tested on my side, and we are unable to set the delay time more than 60 seconds. I am sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered. I believe lots of customers also need this feature. I will submit a request to our Feedback department through our internal channel.

To work around this issue, we might need to start the animations with a click.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:25 AM
  • There is a way Sally - Span the video over several slides. Then on the subsequent slides, the delay is no longer relative to the video file but to the previous animation even, so you don't have to use "With Previous" - It took me a while to figure thisout, but it works.

It would be nice in Microsoft had not played with this setting though.

Cheers.

Ron...

Thanks Ron...
    • Marked as answer by RonInOttawa Friday, May 28, 2010 3:14 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 3:14 PM
  • Hi Sally,

Do you have an update on when this issue may be resolved?

Thanks,

Gary

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:53 AM
  • I ran into the same issue.  It is beyond irritating!!!  I can understand why it would be limited to a time less than the transition to the next slide but not 60 sec. 

Anyone know when this might be fixed?  I may end up going back to Office 2007.

• Proposed as answer by Dreindl Monday, January 17, 2011 12:33 AM
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:52 PM
  • I found a work-around thay you might try.  Instead of using the text box to input the timing, use the slider on the timeline shown in the animation pane.  I found you can move the slider past 60 sec whereas the text box is limited to 60 sec or less.

• Marked as answer by RonInOttawa Friday, January 21, 2011 1:38 PM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 12:35 AM
  • So now it's 2013. When will this problem be resolved?
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:45 PM
  • Fantastic, thank you! I have been struggling with this for a day. For clarification, you I needed to drag the end points of the little timing rectangles shown after the objects in the animation pane.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:35 PM