none
Microsoft Word 2010 not responding

Question

• I have already read the above topics and they are not fixing my problem. I can't finish typing a sentence in this 2010 profession office version of word before it stops responding and never comes back. I literally cannot use this program. I have a new computer with minimal programs installed, I not the problem is with word. what can I do to fix it.

I should call my screen name: frustrated.

Friday, October 22, 2010 9:03 PM

Answers

• See the KnowledgeBase article "How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, or Word 2002" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921541?p=1

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"candlefan" wrote in message news:9abb9e5d-2d5a-4ceb-9772-78f2b87616f6@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have already read the above topics and they are not fixing my problem. I can't finish typing a sentence in this 2010 profession office version of word before it stops responding and never comes back. I literally cannot use this program. I have a new computer with minimal programs installed, I not the problem is with word. what can I do to fix it.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, October 29, 2010 8:38 AM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 10:21 PM

All replies

• See the KnowledgeBase article "How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, or Word 2002" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921541?p=1

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"candlefan" wrote in message news:9abb9e5d-2d5a-4ceb-9772-78f2b87616f6@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have already read the above topics and they are not fixing my problem. I can't finish typing a sentence in this 2010 profession office version of word before it stops responding and never comes back. I literally cannot use this program. I have a new computer with minimal programs installed, I not the problem is with word. what can I do to fix it.

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, October 29, 2010 8:38 AM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 10:21 PM
  • Are you kidding? We just paid for Office 2010 upgrade and Word fails right out of the gate--with so many other users having this problem, the lenghty and complicated KB answer is an unreasonable solution for non-techy users.  There must be an easier and direct solution to this rather ubiquitous issue.

Frustrated x 2

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:12 PM
  • What do you mean by "fails right out of the gate"?  What error message appears?

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"skppr1" wrote in message news:93bb4935-92d4-45e0-b5a1-90725e99eece@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Are you kidding? We just paid for Office 2010 upgrade and Word fails right out of the gate--with so many other users having this problem, the lenghty and complicated KB answer is an unreasonable solution for non-techy users. There must be an easier and direct solution to this rather ubiquitous issue.

Frustrated x 2

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:57 PM
  • Ho Camonie!  There is a lot of Deleting going on with your KB reference Doug.

I can't see Joe User knowing one thing about this and accidently corrupting their registry!

What I'd suggest is first go to the Control Panel and then click on add/remove or program and features for Vista/Win7, click on Microsoft Office and do a Repair of Office first.

That has fixed a few items we've noticed in our 2010 rollout here, like Calendar issues, and Excel.

Try Repair first, then try deleting things in the Registry afterwards!

Irk, doing registry hacks is like giving a kid a loaded gun...

• Proposed as answer by bkrhoda Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:08 PM
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:15 PM