none
Assigning a DDI to a Polycom RMX entry queue

Question

• Hi,

Wondering if anybody has managed to get this working. We have a Polycom RMX 1500 setup correctly. Lync to RMX etc calls are working. Now I want to assign a DDI from our SIP trunk into Lync to the Polycom RMX Entry queue to create Dial in conferencing. I have created a Lync enabled user with a DDI assigned to it and an Entry Queue on the RMX that is reporting it's SIP registered now. Ringing to the SIP URI works fine, I get the IVR response. Ringing the DDI however from a Lync phone even does not work. The logs on the RMX report the following:

D:13/9/11-09:53:49.6831960  E:Mcms P:ConfParty SID:08a828c8 TN:LOBBY O:CCommConfDB L:n Lctn:CommConfDB.cpp(1796)
    CCommConfDB::SearchForH323ConferenceMatch - Looking for conference match with: +353xxxxxxxx

D:13/9/11-09:53:49.6831960  E:Mcms P:ConfParty SID:08aa2480 TN:LOBBY O:CCommResDB L:n Lctn:CommResDB.cpp(1664)
    CCommResDB::GetMeetingRoomForH323Call Seraching for MR: with 1 destH323 aliases

D:13/9/11-09:53:49.6831960  E:Mcms P:ConfParty SID:08aa2480 TN:LOBBY O:CCommResDB L:n Lctn:CommResDB.cpp(1737)
    CCommResDB::GetMeetingRoomForH323Call Checking confernence name= +353xxxxxxx

D:13/9/11-09:53:49.6831960  E:Mcms P:ConfParty SID:08aa2480 TN:LOBBY O:CCommResDB L:crt Lctn:CommResDB.cpp(1278)
    CCommResDB::GetCurrentRsrv Can not find the id in the CommResDB

D:13/9/11-09:53:49.6831960  E:Mcms P:ConfParty SID:08a82448 TN:LOBBY O:CLobby L:n Lctn:Lobby.cpp(5216)
    CLobby::OnSipCallIn : failed to find appropriate conference

How do I get the RMX to accept this call?

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:17 AM

Answers

• If you SIP register a defined Virtual Meeting room and then Enterprise Voice enable that account then calls to that DID will be routed automatically to Entry Queue.  You don't assign anything to the default Entry Queue on the RMX. When the SIP URI is called then callers are dropped directly into the VMR, but if PSTN calls are routed to the same VMR in Lync via DID they will actually be directed into the RMX EQ and prompted via IVR for a conference ID.

See this article for more details: RMX Virtual Meeting Room Registration in Lync

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP
    • Marked as answer by wagenveld Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:00 PM

All replies

• If you SIP register a defined Virtual Meeting room and then Enterprise Voice enable that account then calls to that DID will be routed automatically to Entry Queue.  You don't assign anything to the default Entry Queue on the RMX. When the SIP URI is called then callers are dropped directly into the VMR, but if PSTN calls are routed to the same VMR in Lync via DID they will actually be directed into the RMX EQ and prompted via IVR for a conference ID.

See this article for more details: RMX Virtual Meeting Room Registration in Lync

• Marked as answer by wagenveld Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Yep that helps Jeff thanks. I had to set the Entry Queue to Transit as well for it to work. The RMX picks up the call now and I can see it in the entry queue. However I don't get any audio back yet. I'm thinking it could be an SRTP/RTP issue as our (Dialogic) gateway is not configured for TLS at the moment. I'm doing some tests now with a TLS enabled gateway.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:06 PM
  • I have done some more testing and even with a Dialogic gateway configured for TLS/SRTP I get silence when ringing through to the Entry Queue on the RMX. It's not responding to DTMF either. I suppose there is some codec incompatibility between the RMX and the DMG, otherwise I can't explain it.

I can now see the call coming into the Entry Queue, it's connected and then after about 10 seconds it disconnects. No sound from the RMX during this period. The RMX reports it's using G711 with PCM Ulaw for both directions, which shouldn't be an issue.

Would it help in any way to route the call directly from the gateway to the RMX? I'm not sure what SIP URI to give it then though.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Yes, ideally you should be sending PSTN calls directly to the RMX and not through Lync.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:31 PM
  • I'm routing the call as "2000@rmx.domain.com", where 2000 is the Entry Queue. Not getting into it at all though, is there a setting on the RMX I'm missing?
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:37 PM
  • Progress today! I can route a call now from our Dialogic directly into the RMX. Going into the meetingroom works fine. Just one issue remains, DTMF tones are not recognized by the RMX:

WRN.UNK.Unknwn.IncomingMediaPacketsHandler(): (PortId:0, TaskId:65534) IncomingMediaPacketsHandler - Payload type mismatch, payloadType = 0 received payload Type = 13, Dtmf PayloadType = 101, AUDIO

D:14/9/11-10:10:31.0292371  E:Mcms P:MplApi SID:080d9770 TN:MplApiRxSocket O:CMplMcmsProtocolTracer L:n Lctn:MplMcmsProtocolTracer.cpp(2469)

CMplMcmsProtocolTracer::IsContentSizeValid() not one of the opcodes 14670009

Jeff, would you know what the RMX expects. I can choose between RFC2833 and RFC2833-Early response on the gateway, but both options are not recognized by the RMX.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Did you ever get this to work, we have the same issue.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:33 PM
  • We have it working in our environment (LYNC/RMX 2000/Dialogic) with two Enterprise pools.  Polycom gave us a pvt. build after working months on this exact requets. We have numbers LYNC-assigned to the room that allow for users call in the virtual rooms and receive DTMF for room ID. This works like a charm. I've been told that told that all future build will have this technolgy.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:08 PM