none
How to synchronize user profile with FBA databse user in SharePoint 2010?

Question

• Hello,

I have create a publishing site with FBA implementation.also configure the my site in  share point 2010 and it's working. I want to synchronization with FBA users(FBA user are stored  in separate database ). How can i achieve this?

Thanks you.
    Lovkesh Patel.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lovkesh

You will need to configure your Syncronization connection accordingly(for this you must have your Web.config changed accordingly for FBA). Also for Managed Properties you need to configure the Import section for the Properties.

Cheers and Remain Blessed

Abhishek Purohit

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:13 PM
  • Thank you for reply,what should i change ?can you Explain bit more?

Thnaks you

Lovkesh patel

Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:57 PM
  • Hi ,

I have seen a solution using custom code to import profile form a separate database . You will need to set up your SharePoint web.config with the connectionString membership and profile attributes in <system.web>.The web config file can be found under
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VireturyDirectories .  The code will connect up to the profile manager for SQL Server and loop through each profile.  For each profile, it will check to make sure that SharePoint has all of the profile properties (meta data).  If not, it will add the new property before updating the SharePoint profile with the SQL Server profile value.

For more information ,please refer to this site:

SQL Profile Import with Forms Based Authentication : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ekraus/archive/2008/01/15/sql-profile-import-with-forms-based-authentication.aspx
    How to deploy SharePoint 2010 to external users? http://www.slideshare.net/rlsoft/how-to-deploy-sharepoint-2010-to-external-users 
    (you can check the comments for set up the web config file )

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:36 AM
  • hi lovkesh ,

as u have written in the post that u have configured My Site for FBA users,

Can u please tell me how I can achieve the same 

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:51 AM