none
How to get all email accounts to show in 1 Inbox

Question

• How can I get all my 4 email accounts to show up in one unified Inbox within Outlook 2010?

It is a real pain having to select each one to see new mails.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What are the types of your accounts?

Normally, you can add multiple accounts in one Outlook profile. Click Start > Control Panel > Mail. Select the profile you created, click the Add button to add an account.

If you are using multiple Exchange accounts, things are a little different. Check this article for help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291626/en-us

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:55 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What are the types of your accounts?

Normally, you can add multiple accounts in one Outlook profile. Click Start > Control Panel > Mail. Select the profile you created, click the Add button to add an account.

If you are using multiple Exchange accounts, things are a little different. Check this article for help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291626/en-us

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:55 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:15 AM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Friday, September 24, 2010 1:04 AM
  • Hi. No, the problem is mot solved. I was asking about a unified inbox which will show all mail accounts together. Apple's iOS4 has this, as has their Mail on OS X. In fact, I believe that Outlook for Mac 2011 also has it. I can't see how to do it in Outlook 2010. I should say I have 1 POP and 3 IMAP accounts.
    Friday, September 24, 2010 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

No, in Outlook, you can create one Outlook profile, and then add multiple accounts in the Outlook profile.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:40 AM
  • Thanks Sally.

That is bad news, and seems to me to be a real failing in Outlook 2010.  It is a real pain having to open multiple Inboxes.  Outlook 2011 for Mac does it OK apparently, so why the lack of such an obvious feature in 2010?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry but opening multiple email accounts in one Outlook profile might be the best choice in Outlook now.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:45 AM
  • Hi Sally,

Your solution of multiple email accounts in one Outlook profile does not resolve the issue to have a unified look of all email inboxes in one inbox from different accounts. This should be easy to do to have this functionality. It's a real pain in Outlook 2010 to have to open each inbox for each account separately. I like Outlook 2007 much better in that respect. And yes, Outlook 2011 for the MAC has it.

Cheers!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:29 AM
  • I used to have outlook 2010 and I could see all the email I got for the 6 email accounts I had in one box. How can I get that for outlook 2013? All my accounts are separated and I have to look into each one to check my emails instead of all in a row like before.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Assuming that you have the email account types have been configured the same - nothing has changed. The only way that you're going to get 6 accounts going into the same Inbox would be if these were POP accounts and you configured Outlook to use the same PSY file for each account.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:51 AM
  • Assuming that you have the email account types have been configured the same - nothing has changed. The only way that you're going to get 6 accounts going into the same Inbox would be if these were POP accounts and you configured Outlook to use the same PSY file for each account.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

So you are saying, there is no way to have Outlook 2013 "combine" inboxes for all email accounts (imap,pop3,exchange)?

Apple's Mail.app, iOS mail app, Thunderbird, HTC's android Mail app and countless others ALL do this, it would be best for Microsoft to include this in an update. I don't want to create rules to "move" all my mail to a unified inbox, I want the software program to simply DISPLAY my messages in a "unified" inbox without disturbing any server side rules.

Sunday, February 09, 2014 7:12 AM