none
Outlook 2010 & Hotmail Connector

Question

• Hi, I Have installed the 32bit Office 2010 Suite and using Outlook for my work mail and personal mail, Outlook does a superb job of syncing my work mail using imap and mailtraq, however, it does a poor job of keeping my hotmail account in sync, it's sooOOOO slow!!!! i have to wait at least 10 minutes for an email that messenger, live mail and my phone got instantly (Outlook is obviously lying when it says connected to windows live hotmail, it should say i'll connect when i feel like it)... i dont use live calendar or contacts, and i know i can get my mail via POP3, however I DO NOT want it via POP3 as i don't want to then have to mark as read via other means (which is what i thought was the whole purpose of sync)... I have tried a few of the suggestions on here, non have worked, surely there is a solution to this annoying problem???

P.S. I love the alert me check box, i won't hold my breath waiting for outlook to notify me of my hotmail mail...lol...

Friday, July 30, 2010 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. 

The performance issue may be related to many factors. You can first check if this solution helps:

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-700.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the problem persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Outlook Connector once again and reinstall it back and then re-configure your Microsoft Office Live emails with Outlook.  

You may visit the links mentioned below in order to find relevant information.

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview.aspx?AssetID=HA102262951033&QueryID=bTUFHrRey0&respos=1&rt=2&ns=OFLV20&lcid=1033&pid=CH102262851033  

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx 

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:14 AM
    Monday, August 02, 2010 3:45 AM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:56 AM
  •  

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:14 AM
  • hello, I was looking for answer pertaining to why Outlook 2010 is so slow when using my windows live account via hotmail connector. I do not wish to change my email to a pop address, nor do I want to change it to a http email either. I do like the added features of syncig contacts, calendar's and email's but i think the cost is pretty high. Ever since I switched email addresses from gmail to live, i've had nothing but poor connectivity becuase of the exchange like features. Why is connector so slow? Is their a workaround or a solution to this problem. I've searched the interne and can only find others who are quite frustration with this poor service. please help. fruzzl
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Hi, I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I am having the same exact issue.  Did these answers fix the problem?

The answers marked as such did not fix the problem of Live Mail getting mail instantly (and way before outlook 2010) as opposed to Outlook 2010, which longer to receive the same email.

Friday, May 13, 2011 1:29 AM