none
Web Analytic shows only Central Administration Site data and not other site collection

Question

• Hi Guys,

I've been searching up and down and yet still couldn't find any post that actually solve this problem? (correct me if im wrong)

The site collection Feature "Advanced Web Analytics" is activated,

all events in Central Administration  > Configure web analytics and health data collection are checked.

.usage file is generating.

My SP is on a local VM machine which don't run 24 hours. However, I tried having it running 24 hours and the data for my site collection is still no pushed to WA Staging and WA Reporting DB.

any Ideas ><!

P.S The WA services is configured by default, i did not change any at all.

Appreciate if any one can help.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you make sure whether the Web Analytics Service Application is associated with the web application you are trying to analyze?

Here are the steps to associate web applications you want to analyze:

To associate a Web application with a Web Analytics Service application by using Central Administration

1. Verify that the user account that is performing this procedure is a member of the Farm Administrators SharePoint group.

2. In Central Administration, on the Home page, click Application Management.

3. On the Application Management page, in the Service Applications section, click Configure service application associations.

4. If the Web Analytics Service application proxy is not included in the list of application proxies, click the appropriate Web application. Next, in the Configure Service Applications Associations dialog box, select theWeb Analytics Service Application Proxy check box to associate it with the Web application.

Detailed steps are here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg266382.aspx

Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Yes Amit,

The WA Service application proxy was already bind.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 9:31 AM
  • According tohttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512725.aspx, the SharePoint Web Analytics feature relies on SQL Server service broker to function. The SQL Server service broker cannot be started manually. A SharePoint timer job runs one time per day to ensure that SQL Server service broker is enabled on the necessary databases. 7.After moving databases, you should manually run the health rule "Web Analytics: Verifies that the SQL Server Service Broker is enabled for the Web Analytics staging databases."

I would suggest you to check if SQL Server service broker works well for the WA staging and WA reporting DB. Please take a look at my reply at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/sharepoint2010setup/thread/30d11d27-6708-4bfe-a7d3-4b0aed522e7d

Monday, April 30, 2012 5:25 AM
  • Hi Yuming, 

Thanks for the reply, I will look into this soon.

Btw, the Data for SharePoint Central administration wouldn't have been pushed to WA Rerpoting DB successfully if the Server service broker was disabled ,isn't it?

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 5:05 AM