none
Outlook Calendars in a Non-exchange enviroment

Question

• This is in a non-Exchange enviroment - email is 3rd party hosted and calendars are not synced with their servers.

Outlook 2010

I have two calendars -- Primary (where all my appts go first) and a Private calendar.

I move appointments from Primary to Private

when the person requesting the appt/meeting  makes changes  to the appt/meeting they are not reflected in the moved (to Private calendar) appt/meeting.

Also cannot move recurring appt/meetings to Private Calendar.

is there a setting or registry fix for this?

Dave Bowman

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Could you tell me what type of email account you use in 3rd party hosted? Exchange, POP3 or IMAP?

Please also detail your exact steps how you move the calendar from primary to private. If the second calendar (the private one) is belong to local PST file, there is no relationship between the online account and private one, except you set it as the default data file.

A bit more background information your current account/data file setting would be helpful. (File > Info >Account Settings)

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:25 AM
  • Hello Tony,

It is a POP3 account thru Supermedia.com

Friday, June 15, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Well. You have two independent PST files but the update app/meeting info will only published in default PST file. We cannot sync them without VBA or add-ins.

Also cannot move recurring appt/meetings to Private Calendar.

Any error code? Select the calendar item and press “delete”, then choose the option “delete the series”

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 1:50 AM
  • Any update?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for the reply,

Do you know of any code  or add-in that would allow selecting and moving recurring appointments to the second non-default calendar and still get the updates to the appointments in the non-default calendar?

Dave Bowman

Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Not heared. But you can post a thread to Outlook developer forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev

Or search add-ins from our website:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/downloads-marketplace-categories-FX102300516.aspx?Category=CL102416882#last=;Index=0

Thanks.

Cheers,

Tony Chen

• Marked as answer by david bowman Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:21 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 8:42 AM