none
Outlook 2013 Inbox Update After Send/Receive Not Refreshed

Question

• Having a minor annoyance in Outlook 2013 I would like to resolve. I have several pop3 accounts setup and I have changed the inbox folder for all of them to go into one "Group Inbox". When new mail comes in, the group inbox is not updated. I have to click on another folder first and then click back on the inbox in order to refresh it.

In older versions of outlook, the inbox would update immediately with the new mail.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help :)

Saturday, March 09, 2013 4:53 PM

Answers

• It looks like there was an update last night that resolved this issue. Everything is working correctly now.
    • Marked as answer by SoftwareQA Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:13 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

• Do you mean that he new coming message is not showing in Inbox even you press F9 to manually send/receive the message?

Try to run Outlook with safe mode to check if the coming message is visiable. ("Outlook.exe /safe"). Or you may create a new profile and resetup your POP3 account to test.

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 11, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Hey Tony. Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean that he new coming message is not showing in Inbox even you press F9 to manually send/receive the message? Correct. So let's say I am in my pc and my email shows 20 unread messages. I then check mail (could be from initial boot as well). The scan completes but no new emails are displayed. Once I click on another folder, my inbox can go from 20 unread to say 40 unread. Once I click back on the Inbox, I can see all of the new messages.

I just created a new profile last week to resolve an issue where emails would not send. I should be ok there.

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:34 PM
  • It looks like there was an update last night that resolved this issue. Everything is working correctly now.
    • Marked as answer by SoftwareQA Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:13 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:12 PM