none
The Lync Server Access Edge service terminated....

Question

• Hi all - I'm receiving an error on one of my edge servers:

The Lync Server Access Edge service terminated with service-specific error %%-2146762487.

This just started as of last Sunday. All Edge Services are up and running except the
    Lync Server Access Edge Service, and replication is running successfully
    between the internal Lync servers and the edge server. Additionally the IP
    addresses (internal and external) match those configured in the topology.

I have tried everything short of uninstalling and re-installing Lync Enterprise
    on this server, including removing all Certificates from the Store. Furthermore
    I can't find any resources online which list this particular error occuring on
    an edge server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:08 PM

Answers

• I understand that you might have reinstalled the server completely. Would you please check if you have installed the certificate chain correctly and there are no missing intermediate certificates. If any of the intermediate certificates are missing then please install them and then try to start the service.

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. V-I-S-A

• Marked as answer by CrashOver2000 Friday, March 16, 2012 9:13 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:28 AM

All replies

• I understand that you might have reinstalled the server completely. Would you please check if you have installed the certificate chain correctly and there are no missing intermediate certificates. If any of the intermediate certificates are missing then please install them and then try to start the service.

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. V-I-S-A

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:28 AM
  • Hi there,

Any update?

Please also make sure your Edge server’s FQDN is set correctly.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:34 AM
  • hi crashover2000,

Usually the problem you have is something to with the certificate issue of the external part. The Lync Server Edge Access  Service will not run or start if you have invalid certificate. you must Public Certificate to assign it.

I've tested this out last time have the same error with random error ID. 

Aliyani Sabrey http://netoverme.wordpress.com

Friday, March 16, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Many thanks to V-I-S-A! The issue was indeed with the Intermediate Certificates, for whatever reason the external CA's certificate was removed. Thanks to all that contributed!
    Friday, March 16, 2012 9:13 PM