none
PDF Previwer in Outlook 2010 after updating Adobe Reader X version

Question

• After updated Adobe reader X version Outlook 2010 PDF previewer is not working.  How can solve this problem.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

• Firstly, please kindly check if the PDF Preview Handler function has been disabled.

1. Launch Outlook.exe, go to File > Option > Trust Center > Trust Center settings > Attachment Handling
    1. Uncheck the box "Turn off Attachment Preview"
    2. Click option "attachment and Document Previewers" and check the box "PDF Preview Handler"

Secondly, you may reinstall the Adobe PDF reader to see the result. Feel free to post back.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies

• Firstly, please kindly check if the PDF Preview Handler function has been disabled.

1. Launch Outlook.exe, go to File > Option > Trust Center > Trust Center settings > Attachment Handling
    1. Uncheck the box "Turn off Attachment Preview"
    2. Click option "attachment and Document Previewers" and check the box "PDF Preview Handler"

Secondly, you may reinstall the Adobe PDF reader to see the result. Feel free to post back.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:35 AM
  • Using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 machine.  Every email with PDF attachment returns error message when trying to open attachment.  Have current Adode Reader.

When I open my email in web browser, same email with attachment, it opens fine in Adobe Reader.

My Outlook is doing something to prevent me from opening PDF's properly.

Please help.

Jay

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:42 PM
  • I too am now suddenly without the pdf previewer for Outlook 2010 (Windows XP SP3).  The add-in was disabled, however after enabling and restarting Outlook the problem still persists.  I was running Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and I downloaded Adobe reader (in error).  After Reader installed, I uninstalled and ran the repair routine on Acrobat Pro.  Nothing seems to make my previewer work.  Any other ideas?

Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:48 PM
  • I'm having the same problem, Jay -- to no avail.  Has anyone found an answer to this?
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Had the same problem after upgrading to Windows 7.  I installed Reader XI, enabled the pluging, checked the Trust Center settings, but still wouldn't work.  However, once I opened Reader XI and accepted the terms of service, the previewer started working.
    • Proposed as answer by Leon Vrhovšek Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:20 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Did exactly that (open up Reader XI and accepted the terms of services) and my Outlook PDF viewer started working (after closed Outlook and reopened it). THANKS!
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:27 PM