none
Unable to activate Office 2010 Proffesional Plus (Norwegian language edition)

Question

• After installing Office 2010 Proffesional Plus I have been unable to activate the suite with any of the keys provided to me here on Technet. I have tried copy/pasting the keys as well as manual install. The response is all the time the same. After a long waiting period were the suite tries to validate the key, it returns with the message: "This is not a valid Office 2010 product key..."

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening and have a suggestion for how I should solve this one?

Ken-Tore AboKevin http://abokevin.com
    • Moved by Sally Tang Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:35 AM (From:Office IT Pro General Discussions)
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:53 PM

Answers

• That's because the Office 2010 Proffesional Plus Norwegian provided in Technet is Volume edition but the key provided there is for Retail edition. Microsoft has uploaded the wrong edition. That's a known issued.

I suggest you install English retail, activate with that key, and then install the Norwegian language pack later.

• Proposed as answer by lagozit Friday, July 30, 2010 12:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, August 02, 2010 2:07 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 5:11 PM

All replies

• Could you please run cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus on your computer and paste the output?

What is the description of the key from the download site?

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    Friday, July 23, 2010 12:38 AM
  • That's because the Office 2010 Proffesional Plus Norwegian provided in Technet is Volume edition but the key provided there is for Retail edition. Microsoft has uploaded the wrong edition. That's a known issued.

I suggest you install English retail, activate with that key, and then install the Norwegian language pack later.

• Proposed as answer by lagozit Friday, July 30, 2010 12:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, August 02, 2010 2:07 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 5:11 PM
  • True. Thats the easy way, but if you don't want to wait for the Norwegian RETAIL version, you can make your own:

Download both the English Retail version and the Norwegian Volum edition. Open the Norwegian .iso file, estract  the files to your disk. Delete the ProPlus.WW or Standard.WW folder in the 32bit and 64bit folder. The open the English Retail edition, and copy the ProPlusR.WW folder or the StandardR.WW folder and put in in the same folder as you deleted the ProPlus.WW or Standard.WW folder. Remember that you have to use the same bit version, etc, copy the ProPlusR.WW from the 32bit .iso to the 32bit .iso.

Then save the new .iso file, using UltraIso or something. Then you have your own Norwegian Retail DVD version. If you don't have very good computer skills, I had gone for the English retail installation and the Norwegian language pack.

Kenneth Myhre
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:43 PM
  • Hello.

Microsoft has now released Norwegian Retail version of both Office 2010 ProPlus and Standard on MSDN/Technet today.

no_office_professional_plus_2010_x64_534072.exe

no_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_534059.exe

no_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_x64_dvd_532939.iso

no_office_standard_2010_x64_534082.exe

no_office_standard_2010_x86_534078.exe

no_office_standard_2010_x86_x64_dvd_533027.iso

The .exe files has to be extracted before installing, but the .iso files work as a normal DVD, all the installations files in unpacked and you can start the installation directly.
    Kenneth Myhre
    • Proposed as answer by Kenneth Myhre Wednesday, August 04, 2010 7:53 AM
    Wednesday, August 04, 2010 7:53 AM