none
The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Question

• 64bit Windows 7, Office 2010 64 bit.  Create an ODBC DSN using odbcad32.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe (32 bit version) to access some Foxpro files.

The above error is when trying to access the Foxpro data in Excel via MSQuery.

Is there another way to access the Foxpro data in a 64bit environment?

David Beahan
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:13 AM

Answers

• Hello David,

If using 64-bit Office, you will need to use a 64-bit driver as well. It sounds like your best option may be to use a 32-bit version of Office.

However, you may TRY the 64-bit drivers from this download site:
    Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable   http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255

However, if Foxpro doesn't support 64-bit, it's very possible the driver may not communicate as needed with it.

Thanks!

Amber

Friday, October 21, 2011 9:54 PM
  • Thanks all.  I am working around the issue by doing the work on a PC (64bit) that has Windows Vista and Office 2007.  The issue does not occur here.  Therefore I am assuming the issue is with Office 2010 64bit.

Thanks for the help.

David Beahan
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

Unfortunately, Visual FoxPro won’t support 64-bit versions of the Windows operating system refers from the following Frequently Asked Questions website:

Q: Are there plans for Visual FoxPro to support 64-bit versions of the Windows operating system?

No. While Visual FoxPro will remain 32-bit and not natively use 64-bit addressing, it will run in 32-bit compatibility mode. Visual Studio 2008 supports creating native 64-bit applications.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190289

You can direct post your question on Visual FoxPro Forums below for further support:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/visualfoxprogeneral/threads

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Thanks for the response but I don't think your answer addresses the question.

I am not using Visual FoxPro in this question.

There is a foxpro database.  This database is ODBC compliant.  I wish to read data from this database using MSQuery contained in MSOffice 2010 (64Bit)

I create a DSN using the 32bit ODBC Administrator (because there is no foxpro driver for the 64bit ODBC Administrator)

Then using MSExcel to access external data via MSQuery I attempt to link to the DSN I have created and the error occurs.

It appears that the 64bit version of MSQuery will not address a DSN created by the 32bit ODBC Administrator.  Surely that is not that case and there is a way around this issue.

David Beahan
    Friday, October 21, 2011 5:36 AM
  • Hello David,

If using 64-bit Office, you will need to use a 64-bit driver as well. It sounds like your best option may be to use a 32-bit version of Office.

However, you may TRY the 64-bit drivers from this download site:
    Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable   http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255

However, if Foxpro doesn't support 64-bit, it's very possible the driver may not communicate as needed with it.

Thanks!

Amber

Friday, October 21, 2011 9:54 PM
  • Thanks all.  I am working around the issue by doing the work on a PC (64bit) that has Windows Vista and Office 2007.  The issue does not occur here.  Therefore I am assuming the issue is with Office 2010 64bit.

Thanks for the help.

David Beahan
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:54 PM
  • Great! I'm glad the 32-bit Office worked for you David. Thanks for using the forums!

Amber

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:38 PM