none
Office 2010 activation wizard (MAK)

Question

• Hi,

i'm using config.xml to install Office 2010 Pro Plus on Win7 32bit. The installation is running well. Once the office product running at the first time, it asked for activation. i'm trying to chain the silent activation command in config.xml, and also in OCT, but none works

here's the config.xml

-------------------------------

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<Logging Type="verbose" Path="%temp%" Template="Office Pro Plus 14 (*).txt" />

<PIDKEY Value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />

<USERNAME Value="xxxxxxxxxxxx" /> 

<COMPANYNAME Value="xxxxxxxx" />  

<Setting Id="USEROPERATIONS" Value="1" />

<Setting Id="AUTO_ACTIVATE" Value="1" />

<Command Path="%windir%\system32\cscript.exe" Args='"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs /act"' ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" Wait="-1" /> 

</Configuration>

-------------------------------

and this the isntallation log:

MSI(INFO): '=== Logging stopped: 5/23/2011  17:45:31 ==='

MSI(COMMONDATA): '1: 2 2: 0 '

MSI(COMMONDATA): '1: 2 2: 1 '

MSI(TERMINATE): '<NULL>'

PERF: TickCount=1016031 Name=MsiPackage::Install Description=Returned from OMsiInstaller::InstallProduct

Successfully installed package: ProPlusWW path:C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\ProPlusWW.msi

Executing command path: 'C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe', args: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act '

Start C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act 

Command 'C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe' returned: 0

Not running post install command from install job.  Install: yes, Before chain: FALSE, UI Level: 0

SystemRestore : Attempting to committing System-Restore-Point for Product [Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010] (with RestorePointType [0, Installed]).

SystemRestore : Successfully committed System-Restore-Point for Product [Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010] (with RestorePointType [0, Installed]).

Not showing completion dialog because it was not requested.

Reboot requested if needed.

No reboot is needed.

Catalyst execution finished: 05/23/2011 17:45:57.  Return code: 0.

PERF: TickCount=1041515 Name=RunSetup Description=End function

Setup temp folder set to [C:\Windows\TEMP\Setup000008e4].

really appreciate if anyone can help with this.

thanks

manggar77

manggar77
    Monday, May 23, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers

• if your proxy requires authentication, then activation will not work. the activation runs under the LocalSystem account and it cannot supply credentials.
    this would also explain why activation succeeds when you use a broadband connection and no proxy.

if you have a proxy in your network, then i suggest either permitting the activation URL's on your no-authentication list at your proxy, or, implement a KMS and use KMS-client product keys (which are pre-loaded in VL media)

Don
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• keep geeting this error line:

Not running post install command from install job.  Install: yes, Before chain: FALSE, UI Level: 0

but if running ospp.vbs /act manually from user computer, the activation is running well and complete. so i don;'t think it's a proxy setting.

any idea?

manggar77
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

have you tried to include the following line in the config.xml:

Description: The Setting element supports the AUTO_ACTIVATE property for product key activation. This property specifies that product activation occur automatically during Office 2010 deployment and it uses the following syntax.

and drop the cscript-line.
    Hope that helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:27 PM
  • <Configuration Product="ProPlus">
      <Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />
      <Logging Type="verbose" Path="%temp%" Template="Office Pro Plus 14 (*).txt" />
      <Setting Id="USEROPERATIONS" Value="1" />

<Command Path="%windir%\System32\cscript.exe" Args='"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act' ChainPosition="After" Execute="Install" /

</Configuration>
    ------------------------------------------------

Hi Nothnagel

Yes, i specify the auto activate in config.xml (i have remove the pID, user and company name at above config.xml). i also tried chaining using "command path" command. but still none working

manggar77
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:22 AM
  • Hello,

anyone can help with this?

manggar77
    Friday, June 10, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Hi there,

Please try the command below:

cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" -inpkey:<MAK key>

Include the dashes in the product key

Let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Any questions, feel free to post back.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, July 08, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Hi manggar77,

Have you tried my suggestion?

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Hi Max,

i tried it previously but no luck. anyway, if i'm using direct internet connection 9gsm modem) so no proxy there, it will work gracefully. 

manggar77
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:23 PM
  • I think tis might be an issue:

Automatic activation ony applies to Volume License product keys

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 6:56 AM
  • if your proxy requires authentication, then activation will not work. the activation runs under the LocalSystem account and it cannot supply credentials.
    this would also explain why activation succeeds when you use a broadband connection and no proxy.

if you have a proxy in your network, then i suggest either permitting the activation URL's on your no-authentication list at your proxy, or, implement a KMS and use KMS-client product keys (which are pre-loaded in VL media)

Don
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:50 AM
  • hi don,

ok, i will switch to kms then. many thanks for your info.

manggar77
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:11 PM