none
Outlook 2010 recover deleted items

All replies

• Hi,

To recover deleted items;

1. In the folder from which the item was deleted, or in the Deleted Items folder, on the Folder tab, in the Clean Up group, click Recover Deleted Items.

An Exchange account is required for this command to appear.

If you are using an Exchange account and don’t see the command, contact your Exchange administrator.

2. Click an item, and then click Recover Selected Items . You can also select multiple items, press CTRL as you click each item,

and then click Recover Selected Items.

Recovered items are restored to the folder from which they were deleted.

Note: Your Exchange administrator specifies the retention time for deleted items. After this time elapses, deleted items cannot be restored.

Regards,

Harry

• Proposed as answer by MrITGuy666 Friday, October 12, 2012 10:04 PM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply but this info I know.
    My question was how to roll-out by GPO or script, the Recover Deleted Items for Outlook 2010 as posted in the article.
    http://blogs.appriver.com/blog/is-it-monday-yet/0/0/recover-deleted-items-for-all-folders-with-microsoft-outlook-2010

Or has everyone to do this for his own?

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

You can try to import the Office 2010 Administrative Template as below:

Office 2010 Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=64B837B6-0AA0-4C07-BC34-BEC3990A7956&displaylang=en

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Hany Mohsen Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:18 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Why does Office 2010, in general, suck so much?

I mean, I can't even figure out how to print an open email!!!!!  I have to close the email and print it from the inbox!!!

I used to program VBA for Office and now I can't even figure how to print an email or recover deleted items without having to do research on the Internet!!!

I KNOW what MS was trying to do with these "groupings" BUT IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

I've been in IT for 15 years.  I am hardly a novice user. 

And formulas in Excel....don't even get me started on the NEW layout.....

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:48 PM
  • Dwoodroofe,

Printing an email from an open outlook message is the same as it was in previous versions.  Either you can press "Ctrl + P" on the keyboard, or press "Alt + F" then "P" to get to preview mode and then "P" again to print, or you can click on the "File" tab and select "Print" from the left hand bar, or you can modify the quick links bar at the top to include the "print" or "quick print commands" if you want direct access from an open message.

As always, Microsoft gives you a multitude of ways to do the same function, which is part of the reason that the change from a menu based system to a ribbon based system was implemented back in Office 2007.  The increase in the sheer number of commands that could be performed was making the menu structure unwieldy.  IMHO, the flow of Office 2010 allows for better productivity and is fully customizable so that things can be moved if needed to place them in a more logical section for each individual user.  Having deleted item recovery support built right into Outlook 2010 instead of needing to use a registry hack is another example of how Microsoft is continuing to add requested features to the mainstream program instead of forcing users to perform unsupported "hacks" to enable the same functionality. I also fail to see how working with formulas in Excel has changed at all.  I have done some intense custom formulas and VBscripting in Excel, and I can say without a doubt that Excel 2010 blows the previous versions out of the water in terms of what can be done in the program. 

As a Microsoft trainer, I can appreciate that there is definitely a learning curve when switching from Office 2000/XP/2003 to Office 2007/2010, however most users are able to work better with the new layout once they are used to it.  I'm not sure if you are just new to the ribbon layout of Office in general or if perhaps you have upgraded to Office 2010 recently, and as such are used to the ribbon for the other programs in the Office suite but are trying to get used to the one in Outlook as well (Ribbon support was not added to Outlook until the 2010 release), but it seems to me like you may just be venting, which is OK.  Just remember that the base functionality has not changed much and the more you play around with Office 2010, the more you will see how much more powerful and intuitive the layout is. 

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:14 AM
  • I couldn't agree with you more. Been in IT more than 10 years, it really downgrades productivity!!!

MS Listen, many are VERY Disappointed with your new Crappy Products !!!!!

It Simply Sucks !!

Monday, October 01, 2012 3:15 AM
  • Was there any update to the OPs actual question?

@SongCloud

All those things you say are great, but none of it changes that we used to be able to centrally manage this, and now we can't. Paragraphs of bullshit don't make up for MS REMOVING features from the administration end.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:59 AM
  • What a not helpfull reply, As that's not the question asked.

We can all see the recover email button my friend.It's for recovering emails not calendar entries.

So can anyone actually offer helpfull advice for recovering CALENDAR entries?  Or other outlook items that are NOT emails.

• Proposed as answer by Jeffery Hayes Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:41 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jeffery Hayes Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:41 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Late to the game here, but in case someone else hits this on a search for answers:

For Calendar entries, open the Deleted Items folder, and double-click the deleted calendar entry.  When it opens, select "Copy to My Calendar" next to the "Delete" button.  The item is put back in the calendar.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:36 PM