none
How to create a dashboard in sharepoint 2013?

Question

• Hello, 

Im Working with SharePoint 2013 and i want to build a site for managing our projects. 

I need to create a dashboard that will show me the Completion percentage , and also workload on each project.

How can i do it with sharepoint 2013 ? 
    I can see that there is  no KPI, and in microsoft articles it says to use Excel services which will not work for me. 

• Edited by Erez1988 Friday, February 08, 2013 6:32 PM
    Friday, February 08, 2013 6:31 PM

All replies

• ??????????
    Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Can you elaborate? Sharepoint Performance Point Server or Excel Services can be used for creation of a dashboard. How do you want to store the status of each project, Does it get stored in a database?

Monday, February 11, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Ive just created a project site in sharepoint, so its stored on the site. 

so the solution for me is to create a workbook that will by sync with my sharepoint list and will show indicators? 

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:17 PM
  • You can sync your project site with your outlook or MS Project. You can also sync it up with a local copy of excel and open the excel file , resync to see any changes that were made in recent times. Edit the tasks and explore various option as you see fit.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:59 AM
  • Im Sorry but i didnt understand, i will try to explain myself. 

Im using SharePoint 2013 preview Online, and i want to create a dashboard using KPI indicator that will show my project list tasks. 

Ive searched all over the internet and currently it seems that the only solution is excel services, which doesn't work for me, because is has a problem with the sync ( i have to open the excel file to get it refresh from the list).

as i know performance point is not available for sharepoint online. 

Can you think about a solution for it? 

Thanks. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:54 PM
  • I am sorry but unfortunately excel services is all you got. As BI Reporting capabilities are not available with preview.

P.S: Sorry for the delay in response, did you ever work out this problem?

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:52 PM