none
outlook: The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable.

Question

• I uninstalled microsoft 2003 sometimes ago. Now I try to install ms office 2007. When I open the outlook, it displayed a window with the title "Configuring Outlook". In the form, it displayed Migrating Account Settings, under that are "Migrating Preferences" and "Importing User Data."

Then an error message occurred: "The connection to microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

I tried to uninstall the office 2007 and rename the folder of outlook under users\User name\AppData\local\microsoft. After reinstalling the ms office 2007, I got same problem.

I think there is some thing in regedit, it indicates there is another version of outlook data file, so the new installed outlook try to to import the old data. but the old data does not exist any more. so it produce the error. I think if I can clean the regedit completely , it may solve the problem. But how can I do this? 

• Moved by Terence Yu Monday, April 11, 2011 7:59 AM office issue (From:Clients)
    Monday, April 11, 2011 4:32 AM

Answers

• I have solved the problem. The computer is not on the domain because it had two ip address.
    • Marked as answer by peter 9 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:47 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:47 PM

All replies