I had a fresh install of SBS 2011 running and I was happily setting up my Sharepoint sites which were accessible from any machine on the intranet.
Now, our domain is hosted by a provider and I noticed the "Set up your Internet address" task on the list so I lazily ran it instead of setting up the DNS entries myself. And now, it seems, I'm paying for it.
The first thing I noticed is the SP site URLs changed from domainname.com:987 to remote.domainname.com. Undertered I went back to my laptop and changed to the new URL... then I was prompted by a login prompt. Not good.
From the server I can access SP admin and the sites as any authorized user.. but from any remote machine, no access regardless of the user.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.