none
PowerPoint 2013 insert Video

Question

• hi there

i have a client that just purchased Office 2013 Home and Business.

they are trying to add a online video into one of the PowerPoint slides.

So as far as i know you need to be logged in with your office account which the client has done.

once you want to add the online video it will bring up a window asking you if you want to use Bing, Facebook or Skydrive.

at this point it only give the option for skydrive and nothing else.

this isn't very useful at the moment and they need the other functionality as well.

can someone please tell me why this is happening?

thank you very much

Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi

In general, we might switch account to a valid Microsoft account from File > Account, and then proceed it to Insert tab > Media ribbon > Online Video to solve that.

However, currently using embed code or insert Online video is causing a lot of problems in PowerPoint 2013. One day it works, and another it doesn't. We are all waiting for Microsoft/Google/etc. to sort this out.

Regards

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi

is there anyone with an answer to this?

i see i have had 41 views on this question without a single reply!

please let me know whats going one here as i have a unhappy customer who specially bought office 2013 to use this feature.

thank you

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi

In general, we might switch account to a valid Microsoft account from File > Account, and then proceed it to Insert tab > Media ribbon > Online Video to solve that.

However, currently using embed code or insert Online video is causing a lot of problems in PowerPoint 2013. One day it works, and another it doesn't. We are all waiting for Microsoft/Google/etc. to sort this out.

Regards

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:04 AM
  • hi

thanks a lot for the help.

much appreciated.

steven

StevenvanHeerden

Friday, August 23, 2013 4:28 PM
  • I assume by this message that there is still no fix to this issue.  This feature worked with a few modifications to the old embed code flawlessly in Powerpoint 2010.  I did not need to use a microsoft account and I had far more design themes to choose from as well.  I think it is sad that I am regretting what should have been an upgrade to 2013.  Please fix this issue as this tool provides educators with a legal way to show videos in a secure manner in their classrooms.
    Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:38 PM
  • A further question:  Why is does the function work in Word but not in PP?  This wasn't even a feature available in Word until 2013 and now it is but it will not work in PP.
    Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:42 PM
  • How do I add the options in the Video/Media/tab to include Youtube & Bing?   Nobody seems to know how to add them if they don't show up by themselves.  Surely, there is a solution to this problem.
    Friday, November 29, 2013 4:02 PM