none
Outlook 2010 not receiving email but sending okay

Question

• I have searched the forums and combed the internet and still have not found an answer.  Hence this discussion.

The 411:

New laptop, new install, new Office Pro Plus 2010, Windows Home Premium 64-but, Avast Anti-virus, POP3 (godaddy), successful import of 2007 Outlook .pst, test messages successful, sending messages successful, receiving and sending from webmail successful, turned off Avast scanning of outbound and inbound messages and no change, changed name of data file (from Outlook 1) and no change, send/receive groups checked with 2 minutes, no add-ins from Avast.

However, if i click on "Send/Receive All Folders" on toolbars, messages download.

Any advice on how to get messages without having to click on Send/Receive?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:25 PM

Answers

• Per you last reply, it seems that you cannot deliver the message from Hotmail/Gmail  POP account to the Godaddy Pop one. If you still couldn’t find the message in Godaddy web-access, I suggest you connect to Godaddy to ask what was happen.

Also, please adjust the option below:
    Define send and receive groups >  Setting for group "All account" > Check "schedule an automatic send/receive every X minutes"

Any feedback. Feel free to post back.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check if mail scanner component is still running background.
    Send a message to yourself mailbox to test.
    Create a new PST file and set it as delivery folder for this GoDaddy mail account.
    In addition, if you have another POP3 account (e.g. Gmail POP3), please configure it in OL to confirm.

Let me know the result. And I am glad to follow up this thread with you.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:13 AM
  • Thanks Tony.  I must admit, most of your instructions went over my head.

However, I do have a hotmail account that I set up on Windows Live Mail and it works fine.

I have been sending test emails to myself from Live and OL.  No difference.

I did disable Avast for 10 minutes and sent email from Live to OL.  Still no email.

ghope

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Per you last reply, it seems that you cannot deliver the message from Hotmail/Gmail  POP account to the Godaddy Pop one. If you still couldn’t find the message in Godaddy web-access, I suggest you connect to Godaddy to ask what was happen.

Also, please adjust the option below:
    Define send and receive groups >  Setting for group "All account" > Check "schedule an automatic send/receive every X minutes"

Any feedback. Feel free to post back.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:37 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Monday, March 05, 2012 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:32 AM
  • Hi.

I am having the same problem. I am using outlook 2010  and I receive messages on my server account but not being delivered to outlook.

Can any one help please? any solutions

Thanks

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:23 PM
  • So I had this same problem, and after a call to Microsoft tech support, they managed to help me fix it.

The problem, for me, was that Microsoft office 2010 and a previous version were on the computer at the same time, then I had uninstalled the earlier version, which corrupted 2010.  For this reason, a repair install of Microsoft outlook solved the problem.

I don't know if this will help you, but it may be worth a try.

Friday, December 28, 2012 11:20 PM