none
Installation Error 1310: Error Writing to File

Question

• I bought Microsoft Home Use Program, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. I already have MS Office 2007 installed on my computer. I download the software just fine, but installing it is the problem. I am getting the error: C:\config.msi\c!be89.rbf error. It says verify that you have access to that directory. 

Now what is this? I purchases this from my employer's home use program. How am I supposed to fix this? Please help!

Thank you.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Diane,

1st, please follow this kb to remove all the previous installed Office.

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

2nd, after that, please download the Office install package to your harddisk first, and then run the setup.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, October 03, 2011 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This might caused by some third party program interrupting the installation process.

Try to install your Office in Clean Boot Mode.

For your reference, you may follow the KB929135 article to start the computer in Clean Boot Mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 (For Windows XP)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 (For Window Vista or 7)

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:25 AM
  • I performed the clean boot as you recommended. However, when I try to download the MS Office 2010 exe again, it says only one instance of setup can run at a time. 

I noticed that all of the Office 2010 programs are available in my start/programs menu, but when I click them, nothing happens. I also cannot uninstall the MS Office Professional 2010 program under add/uninstall programs functionality, as the error message says the language of this installation package is not supported by your system. Goodness, I downloaded it in English!.

Of course, my MS Office 2007 is completely gone.

So this is a real mess. Not only did I have the installation error 1310 to start with and  setup did not quite finish, but my start menu shows the application as installed, yet, when I click on  MS Word for example, nothing happens. Finally, to top it all off, I cannot delete MS Office 2010 from the add/uninstall programs feature.  

Are there several distinct processes I have to perform to make this right? If so, can you break out each process by what it is supposed to fix?

Thanks so much for your help!

Diane Philip
    Friday, September 30, 2011 1:09 AM
  • Hi Diane,

1st, please follow this kb to remove all the previous installed Office.

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

2nd, after that, please download the Office install package to your harddisk first, and then run the setup.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Monday, October 03, 2011 3:26 AM
  • Hi Mark:

It worked, it worked, oh joy, oh joy IT WORKED! 

I thought this would be the mother of all problems....but the program is now installed.   Color me extremely grateful...

Thanks so, so much! :)

Diane 

Diane Philip
    Friday, October 07, 2011 12:02 AM
  • Hello,

I have faced error 1310 so many times but I did not found any solution but I have got solution for this error and I am so excited that I have got solutions. I am sharing error 1310 solution with you.

1. Insert the disc that you used to install Windows 7.
    2. Click Start button on your Taskbar.
    3. Select Run option.
    4. Type the following command and press ENTER.SFC /ScanNow
    1. The corrupted system files scanning procedure will begin. Wait till it is performed.
    2. Click the appropriate button to restore any system files that were found corrupted.
    3. Restart your computer.

Monday, December 12, 2011 12:32 PM