none
Visio 2007 - Page Setup, Page Size (tab), Size to fit drawing contents flaw.

Question

• I have created a multipaged Visio document. Flow charts, Excel sheets, words docs are imbedded in each page. Since the drawings and flows are rather large, and most will not be printed, I wanted to make sure that each tab/visio doc page would have it's own unique page size that fits the document I am working on.

I noticed that if you change the page Size to "Size to fit drawing contents" the Visio workspace will resize itself to fit the workspace perfectly....

The flaw?

It does this ONLY for the page you are looking at. When you go to the next tab/page, the workspace auto size adheres to the very first page and applies that method to all tabs/pages and workspaces rather than auto fitting the workspace to whatever page/tab you are on.

Frustrating to say the least. Havent seen an answer for this on Google, but looks like Visio 2010 does correct this possibly. Is there a workaround for 2007?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi PCTD,

The behavior you’re describing is default behavior. The page size setting applies to the active page only. Below is the description from the Visio 2007 online help.

Automatically resize the drawing page to fit the shapes on the page

1.On the File menu, click Page Setup.

2.Click the Page Size tab, and then click Size to fit drawing contents.

The drawing page size changes to fit the drawing without any surrounding white space. On the screen, it may appear as though you zoomed in on the drawing.

It’s possible that what you’re seeing is difference in the zoom.

Best regards,

Bill

Bill Go - MSFT
    Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:41 AM