none
Outlook for Mac 2011 Sync Issue

Question

• I am getting the following error in Outlook for Mac 2011

Error_____________________________

The folder Inbox cannot be synchronized with the server

Details  -----------------------------------
    You must empty the cache for the folder before it can be synchronized again,

To empty the cache, hold down CONTROL and click the folder In the folder list, click Folder Properties, and
    then empty the cache. If the folder contains thousands of messages, It may take several minutes to
    synchronize with the server.

Error Code: -19

Once I empty the cache, the problem appears to be fixed for a short period of time, then when I click on the Send Messages icon, I receive an new instance of the error. I can send emails and use other Outlook features, but no new mail is delivered to my inbox.  I have even tried rebuilding the Outlook database. This too only resolves the issue for a very short period of time. My company was recently migrated to Exchange 2007. I did not use Outlook 2011 before the migration.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:46 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Hello,

Please check the Outlook for Mac forum at http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Outlook/. If you don't find an existing answer, post there.

Thank you!

Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:19 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:19 PM