none
text shows up late - word 2007

Question

• I'm recently a part of a deployment for a site that has been reimaging all it's work stations to deploy newer versions and products. This is all the same model on every machine (Dell laptops with docking stations). They are all core2 duo's with 3 gig of ddr2 (so-dimms) swap is set to 4092-4500, running windows xp sp3 and office 2007 pro. This deployment / reimage  so far has been about 50 units at this site. Apporx 20 sites nation wide with 75 -100 at each site. At this site there has been one unit so far that I have seen where the user types in Word 2007 and the text takes approx 2-3 seconds to show on the screen. Obviously, this is not desired. This happens with a fresh boot, with other applications open or not. There are no add-ins in place nor any additional software in place that is diffent from other users. This happens with New documents too. Has anyone encountered this before? I want to believe there is something like a compatability mode in the bios like was the case with older P4 gen dell boxes to blame. I havent seen anything, but I may have missed it. Any input would be greatful from any of you if you have seen something like this. Final Note: all users are limited accounts on the local side with some power user rights for printers.
    Monday, April 16, 2012 7:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How many people encounter this problem?

- Is this problem only affect Word program? Please change other program, such as Wordpad, Notepad, etc. If the problem appears in other program, the problem might causes by Operating system or hardware.

- If the computer has installed previous version of Office, please complete uninstall previous version of office, you can refer to this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179

- You may also troubleshoot problem when you use Word, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

- If the problem still persists, you may try to clean install from Office installation resource test if it helps.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:55 AM