none
Error occurred when setting schedule permissions

Question

• I have Owner permissions on the TIS, Inbox, and Calendar of a shared mailbox. After I change the permissions for any user on the Calendar folder I get this error message when I click OK:

An error occurred when setting schedule permissions. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator.

I can change the permissions and the permissions stick. If I only click Apply, then I don't get the error. It's only when I click OK. I don't get this error when changing permissions on any other folder in this mailbox.

Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:49 PM

Answers

• Solved.

I assigned Owner permission on the Calendar using this command:

add-mailboxfolderpermission $upn:\Calendar -user $manager -accessrights Owner

The problem stems from using PowerShell to assign permissions to the folder. There's a bug in it that doesn't change everything it's supposed to change. If I log into the mailbox via Outlook, and give myself Owner permissions from there, it works fine. (Since it's a shared mailbox, I had to reset the password and enable the account to log into Outlook. When I was done setting the perms, I disabled the account again.)

• Marked as answer by reprac Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:25 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:25 PM