none
Microsoft Office 2010 Activation Error Code 0x8007232B

Question

• I purchased my computer 2 and a half years ago, and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus edition came installed and activated on my computer. However, starting a week ago, I have been receiving messages every time I open any Office application saying that my copy of Microsoft Office is not activated. It gives me the error code: 0x8007232B. I tried entering my product key. It validates the key, but the next time I open Office, it gives me the message again. Please help!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

this particular error code, almost always means that you are using the incorrect product/product-key "combination".

This error, means that Office is looking for a business/organisation/education licensing server (known as  KMS host server).

Office ProPlus is only available to business/corporate or educational institutions, or as an employment benefit offered through your employer (called Home Use Program).
    The HUP, or your company/organisation, would need to provide you with a particular type of product key (known as a MAK) - and MAK product keys will activate over the internet. It doesn't sound like you have that type of product key.

You can try to verify your product key for Office, via the MS Activation Centre by telephone (talk to an operator, don't respond to the automated system).

The Activation Wizard within Office, will offer you the relevant local telephone number to call.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:47 AM

All replies

• Please try the following....

- Open Word

- Click File - Help

- Change Product Key...Enter your PK

- Click Continue / Install Now

- Close and re-open Word.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

this particular error code, almost always means that you are using the incorrect product/product-key "combination".

This error, means that Office is looking for a business/organisation/education licensing server (known as  KMS host server).

Office ProPlus is only available to business/corporate or educational institutions, or as an employment benefit offered through your employer (called Home Use Program).
    The HUP, or your company/organisation, would need to provide you with a particular type of product key (known as a MAK) - and MAK product keys will activate over the internet. It doesn't sound like you have that type of product key.

You can try to verify your product key for Office, via the MS Activation Centre by telephone (talk to an operator, don't respond to the automated system).

The Activation Wizard within Office, will offer you the relevant local telephone number to call.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:47 AM