none
Product key Office 2013

Question

• I am installing Office 2013. I paste the product key but I am told that "N" is not a valid character in the product key. What to do?

Thanks

Friday, October 26, 2012 9:33 AM

Answers

• Usually, an Office product key does not contain any of the following characters:

• Numbers (0, 1 and 5)
    • Letters (A, E, I, L, N, O, S, U, and Z)

It looks like you are entering the wrong product key, try find the correct one and try again.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:40 AM

All replies

• Usually, an Office product key does not contain any of the following characters:

• Numbers (0, 1 and 5)
    • Letters (A, E, I, L, N, O, S, U, and Z)

It looks like you are entering the wrong product key, try find the correct one and try again.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see how is everything going on?

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

I've marked the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:26 PM
  • I have the same problem with my product key.

I received my product key via Bizspark and I installed it normally with no problem two days ago. But today i had to refresh windows (which cleared my laptop from every app/program i had installed) and now when i tried again to re-install office 2013, my key doesn't work.

The first 5 characters are "QNG7M" and N is not supposed to be valid...

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:07 AM
  • Installation of Office 2013 Professional Plus evaluation/trial:

Initially I couldn't get the key - the download page wouldn't display it (there are plenty of questions about that issue) but eventually I did get a product key, installed Office 2013 Pro Plus but wasn't prompted at any time in the installation to enter the product key.

I have gone back into the installer (in Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs etc), where under the "Change"options you can enter the key there.  The key keeps responding with invalid key for Office 2013 - that's the entire code, not any one portion of it.

It continually says invalid key (for this particular product) yet, that's the key that was generated on the download page.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate with Office 2007 still installed, if that makes a difference, although the information pages about Office 2013 says this runs side by side with previous Office editions, except Outlook; I opted not to install Outlook 2013 as I need my email functional and continue to us Outlook 2007.

Thanks.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:33 AM
  • Those letters are included in the POSA code that comes on the card (when purchased w/o a disc) those are not the "Product key" as I have found out the hard way. I am trying to see if I can find a resource to get the true "product key" from MS and so far no luck. If I find an answer I will post here as well.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 8:34 PM