none
Affixing callout leader Microsoft Word 2010

Question

• In previous versions of Word, the end of a text box callout leader (callout autoshape) would stay "locked", so if I moved the text box the leader wouldn't move. The leader would even change the side it was connected to (i.e. switch from right side to left side) as I moved the text box. I haven't been able to figure this out in Word 2010. The entire leader moves instead. Any ideas? Thanks.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:27 PM

All replies

• It may work the way it used to if you place the text box and callout inside a drawing canvas.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Hey Raj, I used Callouts for many years and 2010 I believe the callouts are broken and just about unuseable compared to previous versions.  Like you I have tried everything.  If anyone has any ideas how restore the basic functionality of callouts I'd really appreciate your help.

I do not use drawing canvas.

Thanks

Rob

Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:01 AM
  • "robwibx" wrote in message news:dfaf467e-f11e-4aff-859d-4565fd86a0e5@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hey Raj, I used Callouts for many years and 2010 I believe the callouts are broken and just about unuseable compared to previous versions.  Like you I have tried everything.  If anyone has any ideas how restore the basic functionality of callouts I'd really appreciate your help.

I do not use drawing canvas.

Since you have been using callouts frequently, what results do you get if you test them in a drawing canvas?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:16 PM
  • I have the same problem. I tend not to use the drawing canvas either if I can help it, but I tried it anyway as suggested, just in case it fixed the callout leaders.

Alas, no.  Same behaviour.  Any move or resize alters the position of the leader/pointer of the callout just as before.  Shame

Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Same problem for me.

What result would I expect? Take a look at Visio.

BalintN

Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:38 PM