none
2010 Office Professional Plus Install fails: ProPrWW.cab is corrupt (Error 1355)

Question

• Downloaded en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_x64_dvd_515529.iso from the TechNet downloads area. 

Tried to install it using the iso image as a virtual CD, failed with the following error:

Error 1335. The cabinet file 'ProPrWW.CAB' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Burned the iso to a CD, same thing.

I verified the CRC and the SHA1 hashes for the iso image, and so i have no reason to believe the file is altered.

Went through the TechNet forums, ran the office 2010 scrub, the office 2007 scrub, ran Windows 7 from a clean boot, all failed with the same error.

Redownloaded the iso image, verified the checksums again, and got the same errors.

Anyone else encountered this problem?  I vote for option c) something is wrong with the package!

Side note:  I downloaded the non-DVD version of the setup, en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_515486.exe, and it installed without issues.

Notes:

Windows 7 Enterprise N virtual machine, hosted on Compaq CQ60 laptop running Ubuntu 10.04.  Virtual host is Oracle VirtualBox OSE, version 3.2.12

• Moved by Jennifer Zhan Monday, December 13, 2010 7:11 AM (From:Office IT Pro General Discussions)
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I just downloaded that ISO and tested installation on my VM with Windows 7. It finished without any error messages. I would suspect your download was somehow corrupted, or there were issues with reading files from the mounted ISO/CD on your VM. The package on the download page does seem to work just fine.

I see that you were able to download the exe format and that worked for you. You might want to check your event logs for any issues with the file IO operations during the time you were testing to determine if something was wrong with hardware or other processes.

Hope that helps

Tarak Chakraborty - MSFT

Monday, December 13, 2010 7:37 PM
  • I have the same problem, I have tried to install  office 2010 pro plus. I get the same error. This is from DVD. any suggestions.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:41 PM
  • Wouldn't it be the case that if the file were corrupted during the download, the SHA1 or the CRC file would be different than what's published?

Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:59 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem. How did you get past it?

Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:01 AM
  • I have the same problem too. I've downloaded it twice now. Both failed.
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:02 AM
  • This may be a UDF incompatibility with the application emulating a disc drive and hosting the ISO. Have you tried on a Windows maching using an app like MagicDisc or the Lite version of Daemon Tools?
    Monday, January 24, 2011 6:51 PM
  • What browser did you use to download?  Was it Internet Explorer and did it use the Microsoft Download Manager to download the file?

Also, you should have access to a separate x86 (and x64) downloads.  These are smaller than the combined download.

Does this help?

JalalB - MSFT

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:50 PM
  • I have the same problem.  Downloaded twice - same problem.  I originally installed Office Pro 2010 64bit and it installed fine - I now want to add some components that I did not instal originally.  The install progress bar gets about 50% then throws this error.  This is on a VM Workstation 7 running Win 7 64 bit
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Hello Tarak

I tried to install Microsoft Office 2010 Plus but it says setup.exe file not found and opens a small window to search and import setup.exe file. so could u please advice me what to do in this situation? could you show me a way to import setup.exe file from microsoft website? when i check on microsoft office 2010 plus folder i found setup.exe application file of size 604KB but when i try to import it in installtion when demands, i fail to locate it. help me please

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:25 PM