none
How can I remove Outlook in office 2010

Question

• I want to ONLY remove outlook. I removed the entire office within My control Panel Windows 7 Pro. IT was removed then I reinstalled office 2010 And office installed outlook but all of my old information was installed. I want to get a completely clean install of Outlook since I have some small problems that I just want to eliminate and start all over... I have a backup PST file on my computer Thanks for your assistance
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

it sounds like you want to remove your current Outlook profile and create a fresh profile.
    All Outlook configuration settings are stored in your profile.
    This article should help:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/remove-a-profile-HP010356455.aspx?CTT=1

(deleting your profile doesn't delete your PST, but it does de-reference it, so you can create a fresh PST if you wish)

Don
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Merry Christmas

Thanks for the response.

I removed the profile but for some reason I am still receiving two identical e-mails for the same account.

Example you send an e-mail to my account xxxx@hargray.com....  I will recieve two of the same e-mails each and everytime.

I can not figure out what happened or how to correct this...Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Mike
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

there are a few causes of this problem, so a few ways to tackle it.

Try this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook-help/change-how-often-a-pop3-account-sends-mail-and-checks-for-new-items-HA010356435.aspx

Set your check-for-mail interval to be 10mins (no less). If Outlook is not finished retrieving mail (when a short interval expires) it gets stuck in an endless loop. A retrieved message is not marked as retrieved until all items are retrieved.

You may also consider un-checking the "Leave a copy of messages on the server", as this can upset things if you have a corrupted message, a very large message, or an integrity/consistency problem within your PST.

There are a lot of these issues in the MS Answers forums, but no clear steps to resolve all cases:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/Search?SearchTerm=duplicate+email&CurrentScope.ForumName=Office&CurrentScope.Filter=outlook&askingquestion=false

Don
    Monday, December 26, 2011 12:10 AM
  • Hi,
    I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 02, 2012 8:12 AM
  • I set the time fof 15 minutes I unchecked the leave the message on the server

But I am still getting two of every message sent to one of my e-mail accounts.

The other three associated are not getting two identical.

Should I go a delete only that profile again and reconstruct it again and see if this helps?

Mike
    Monday, January 02, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Ok, so it looks like you have narrowed the problem down to one, specific email account?

If you remove that particular email account from your profile, and then test to confirm all is well without that account.

If that account is with a provider that offers webmail, you could try to logon with webmail, clear out junk items in the inbox, and then try Outlook once more?

Or, what you can then try is to create an additional profile, just with the troublesome account in it.
    (visit here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/switch-to-a-different-profile-HP010356314.aspx?CTT=3 for instructions how to create an additional profile and switch between profiles/prompt for a profile) [this is just a temporary setup to clear the problem]

It seems likely there is a large backlog of messages in that account inbox, or there is one large message, or one "bad" message.

Don
    Monday, January 02, 2012 10:32 PM