none
Downgrade Office 2013 to 2010

Question

• We have purchased in error Office Professional 2013 (1 PC) and need 2010 so I can work alongside my colleagues PC running Windows 7 with Microsoft Office 2010.  Can I downgrade to 2010 by entering my key code?
    Friday, April 12, 2013 11:58 AM

Answers

• I don't think there are any downgrade rights, in the Retail package/license.

If you work for a company/organisation, they may have a Volume Licensing agreement with MS?
    A VL agreement can provide downgrade rights, and access to the necessary media/installation files and also the suitable product keys for that.

Some references here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/UseTerms/default.aspx
    (when I chose [packaged or from MS / Office Professional / 2013 / English], I got a PDF which makes no mention of downgrade rights)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:16 AM

All replies

• I don't think there are any downgrade rights, in the Retail package/license.

If you work for a company/organisation, they may have a Volume Licensing agreement with MS?
    A VL agreement can provide downgrade rights, and access to the necessary media/installation files and also the suitable product keys for that.

Some references here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/UseTerms/default.aspx
    (when I chose [packaged or from MS / Office Professional / 2013 / English], I got a PDF which makes no mention of downgrade rights)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:16 AM
  • Don is right. The consumer "retail" license does NOT include "upgrade" to 2010 from 2013 rights.

Don is also right about volume / site licenses.  "SA", Software Assurance, licenses did include downgrade from 2010 to 2007. I have not explicitly seen that 2013 has that right.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:36 AM
  • Hi Penny,

Office 2013 have more features than Office 2010 to help us speed work , if you have any problems when using Office 2013, feel free to post a new thread on our forum, MVP, other community member or forum engineer will be glad to be help.

Hope you can use the Office 2013 as you want:)

Best regards,

Daisy Cao
    Forum Support
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please take a moment to "Mark As Answer" if they help.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:07 AM