none
activate my Microsoft Office xp

Question

• I'm trying to activate my Microsoft Office xp by internet & it won't let me.  I've tried by phone, but the activation wizard won't give me a phone number.  Can I have a phone number?

Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:06 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

Here is the number

877-248-1220 (Toll-Free for customers calling within the United States)

8:00am-8:00pm Central Standard Time | Monday-Friday

For a list of country-specific phone numbers and additional language support, click here.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:23 PM

All replies

• I have EXACTLY the same problem.  I can't get the phone number either.
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:22 AM
  • Hi all,

Here is the number

For a list of country-specific phone numbers and additional language support, click here.

Max Meng

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Apparently, Microsoft is unhappy with all of the people happy with Office 2003/XP not buying their new unneeded bloated Office product, so they blocked access to the activation servers and additionally hid the activation telephone numbers.

Call 866-542-3062.  Be ready at the telephone activation window when you call.  The entire call is automated.

Activated the software no problem.

Then thank me by email!
    • Proposed as answer by John_Tsouris Friday, February 10, 2012 6:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by David Wolters Monday, February 27, 2012 8:14 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Hi all,

Here is the number

Max Meng

Max - That number only takes me to the Microsoft Store and I can't find anyway to activate anything. The comment below this one gives the right phone number apparently. It worked for me with activating my old (paid for) copy of Office XP.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:02 PM
  • Apparently, Microsoft is unhappy with all of the people happy with Office 2003/XP not buying their new unneeded bloated Office product, so they blocked access to the activation servers and additionally hid the activation telephone numbers.

Call 866-542-3062.  Be ready at the telephone activation window when you call.  The entire call is automated.

Activated the software no problem.

Then thank me by email!

I'd thank you by email but I can't find your email address. So...thanks! Worked like a charm. :-)
    • Edited by Kirk M Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:09 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:05 PM
  • Yeah, you're amazing! I had the same issue, so thank you for the solution. Much appreciated :)
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:20 AM