none
Meet - Outlook URL don’t update after user’s sip address changed

Question

• Hello, I changed the user’s sip address, Now on the Lync Client “Join Information and Meeting Options” the url is generated with the new sip domain “meet.newsip.com” but in the Outlook 2007 meeting invite, the meeting url remain with the old sip domain “meet.oldsip.com”

Do you know if how I can refresh that url over the Outlook?

Thanks in advice

Edilberto Martinez
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:36 PM

Answers

• I don't think this question has the correct answer.  I am seeing the exact same problem as this but running Exchange 2010.

As the original question asks, Is there a way to propogate a SIP address change to Meetings scheduled via Outlook add-in?

Worked this out.  This was due to the Outlook client using cached mode and the offline address book not updated to reflect the new SIP address.  This worked straight away after disabling cached mode and eventually filtered through to the OAB in a few days.
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your lync name is same as your mail name?

What's your exchange version? 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 08, 2011 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

1.- New sip is the same as the email, the old one was different.

2.- Exchange 2003.

Edilberto Martinez
    Friday, July 08, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hi Ediberto,

You Exchange 2003 is too old.

Lync user message is stored in Lync server database center. When Lync server integrates with exchage 2003, some feathers as EWS isn't supported with it. And this feature works for exchange contacts synchronization.

So I suggest you to update you exchange to 2007 or 2010 version. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 3:12 AM
  • I don't think this question has the correct answer.  I am seeing the exact same problem as this but running Exchange 2010.

As the original question asks, Is there a way to propogate a SIP address change to Meetings scheduled via Outlook add-in?

Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:17 AM

Worked this out.  This was due to the Outlook client using cached mode and the offline address book not updated to reflect the new SIP address.  This worked straight away after disabling cached mode and eventually filtered through to the OAB in a few days.
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:18 PM