none
Outlook 2010 Won't send emails

Question

• Ok so I have my Outlook Express configured to use my hotmail account. My incoming mail server is set at pop3.live.com using port 995 and my outgoing is set at smtp.live.com using port 587. I am currently set at the TLS encrypted connection and have tried changing it to SSL to no avail. These settings have worked for years and all of a sudden Outlook is unable to send any emails. I still receive emails, but when I go to send them I get this message:
    Task 'jyork370@hotmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0B) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B'.

I would appreciate it greatly if some one could help me.

Thanks

Thursday, September 02, 2010 1:29 PM

Answers

• My research shows that this issue could be related to many different factors. It may need more time to perform the troubleshooting steps on this issue. I understand this may be a time-consuming process. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

As for this specific issue, it has been documented in the following articles.

OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;813514

Now let us perform the following steps to narrow down the issue:

Step 1: Re-configure email account settings

===================================

The issue could occur if the email account settings are corrupted. To resolve the issue, please re-set up your problematic email account. Meanwhile, please make sure that the configuration of the email account is correct.

To re-set the email account, please click Start, in the Search box, type mail and press Enter. Click E-mail Accounts. Then, check your email account settings there.

If Step 1 doesn't work, please go on with Step 2.

Step 2: Disable Anti-Virus Programs

==============================

Please disable any Anti-Virus programs, and check whether you have installed any third party program related to Outlook or Office on your computer. If so, please temporarily disable it to see whether the problem still exists.

Step 3: Create a new profile

========================

If the problem still persists, I would like to suggest you create a new profile, and test if the problem occurs. A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt profile of Outlook.

1.    Exit Outlook.

2.    Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook is installed.

The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.

Note    The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.

The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box contains the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then click Properties.

3.    Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4.    Click Add.

5.    Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6.    Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

• Marked as answer by jry370 Friday, September 03, 2010 3:40 PM
    Friday, September 03, 2010 10:08 AM

All replies

• My research shows that this issue could be related to many different factors. It may need more time to perform the troubleshooting steps on this issue. I understand this may be a time-consuming process. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

As for this specific issue, it has been documented in the following articles.

OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;813514

Now let us perform the following steps to narrow down the issue:

Step 1: Re-configure email account settings

===================================

The issue could occur if the email account settings are corrupted. To resolve the issue, please re-set up your problematic email account. Meanwhile, please make sure that the configuration of the email account is correct.

To re-set the email account, please click Start, in the Search box, type mail and press Enter. Click E-mail Accounts. Then, check your email account settings there.

If Step 1 doesn't work, please go on with Step 2.

Step 2: Disable Anti-Virus Programs

==============================

Please disable any Anti-Virus programs, and check whether you have installed any third party program related to Outlook or Office on your computer. If so, please temporarily disable it to see whether the problem still exists.

Step 3: Create a new profile

========================

If the problem still persists, I would like to suggest you create a new profile, and test if the problem occurs. A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt profile of Outlook.

1.    Exit Outlook.

2.    Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook is installed.

The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.

Note    The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.

The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box contains the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then click Properties.

3.    Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4.    Click Add.

5.    Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6.    Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

• Marked as answer by jry370 Friday, September 03, 2010 3:40 PM
    Friday, September 03, 2010 10:08 AM
  • Harry Yuan

Thank you very much! It turns out that one of my security programs, Secunia PSI, was removing the Outlook Hotmail Connector program causing the problem. I truly appreciate your effort in resolving this for me!!

jry370

Friday, September 03, 2010 3:44 PM