none
How to change the white background in Word 2013

Question

• Just "upgraded" to Word 2013 ...

I have a lot of work to do in Word in the next month or so. I can't do any work in this white-on-white environment.

I do have problems with my eyes anyways. If you are not able to fix this issue and I will end up with bigger medical problems than I already have, I will sue Microsoft   - big time. U guys just can't play with people's health ...

Whoever designed and approved this colour scheme in Word 2013 is an absolut retard. 

I am waiting for a remedy of this problem as soon as possible.

Friday, February 21, 2014 8:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I apologize if our product has bring you any inconvenience, I hope the methods below can easily eliminate your concern.

Go to FILE tab -> Options -> General -> under Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office, you can choose the theme color you want by choosing under the Office Theme Dropdown list -> OK.

If you are not happy with the white background color in the document, we also have a way to change it. You can refer to this article about Change the background or color of a document:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/change-the-background-or-color-of-a-document-HA102840179.aspx

Click Design > Page Color.
    • Pick the color you want under Theme Colors or Standard Colors.
    • To add a custom color, click More Colors and then click a color.
    • To add a gradient, texture, pattern, or picture, click Fill Effects, click the Gradient, Texture, Pattern, or Picture tab, and then click the options you want.

Hopefully this may help you. Microsoft will definitely regard users' voice as important and make the products better, we really appreciate your support.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 3:31 AM

All replies

• I totally agree!  This white on white scheme is eye numbing.  MS wants us to use this product, right?  So make it useable!  What were you thinking?!?!?

Saturday, February 22, 2014 4:11 AM
  • Hi,

I apologize if our product has bring you any inconvenience, I hope the methods below can easily eliminate your concern.

Go to FILE tab -> Options -> General -> under Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office, you can choose the theme color you want by choosing under the Office Theme Dropdown list -> OK.

If you are not happy with the white background color in the document, we also have a way to change it. You can refer to this article about Change the background or color of a document:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/change-the-background-or-color-of-a-document-HA102840179.aspx

Click Design > Page Color.
    • Pick the color you want under Theme Colors or Standard Colors.
    • To add a custom color, click More Colors and then click a color.
    • To add a gradient, texture, pattern, or picture, click Fill Effects, click the Gradient, Texture, Pattern, or Picture tab, and then click the options you want.

Hopefully this may help you. Microsoft will definitely regard users' voice as important and make the products better, we really appreciate your support.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Hello! I think Word 2013 does work similarly to Word 2010. So you can make the change through File settings. I'm using Word 2010 now. I think http://blog.doofix.com/change-background-colors-images-and-watermarks-in-word-documents/ would help you step by step.

:)

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:52 AM