none
Outlook 2010 -- IMAP -- Error: Cannot Move the items. 3041 OK [COPYUID XXXXXX]

Question

• Happened first with a computer I had office 2010 beta installed. 

Now I installed in a virtual machine, where no other office products were installed.

Happens only in IMAP when attempting to move a file from inbox to say "my created folder". 

My exchange account in the same inbox is fine.  I've even tried without the exchange account installed. 

Outlook 2007 does not have this issue.  I've searched for two days off and on, without finding an answer. 

Well, I did see someone mention this issue in March 2010, but a mod stated this issue would be fixed by rtm. 

I'm using a version downloaded for testing (via technet).  Version 14.0.4760.1000 (32-bit).  I have the technet key installed and software activated. 

Hopefully I'm missing a check mark or need to do something simple.  Love the new office... work with sharepoint is a blessing. 

Friday, May 28, 2010 2:25 AM

All replies

• Anyone ever seen this or can point me to a another thread?
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:44 PM
  • Happens only in IMAP when attempting to move a file from inbox to say "my created folder". 

Hi,

What is 'my created folder'? Or is 'my created folder' a public folder?

If you cannot move messages from your Inbox to a public folder, it may be caused by an explicit deny is set for the Everyone group on one of the following permissions on the root public folder tree:

• Create public folder
    • Create top level public folder
    • Create named properties in the information store

To resolve this issue, remove the explicit Deny for the Everyone group on these permissions:

1. Start Exchange System Manager.
    2. Under the Folders object, right-click the Public Folders object, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab, and then click the Everyone group.
    4. Click to de-select the Deny check box for the three following permissions:
      • Create public folder
    5. Click Apply, and then click OK to close the properties.
    Monday, May 31, 2010 6:55 AM
  • Happens only in IMAP when attempting to move a file from inbox to say "my created folder". 

Hi,

What is 'my created folder'? Or is 'my created folder' a public folder?

If you cannot move messages from your Inbox to a public folder, it may be caused by an explicit deny is set for the Everyone group on one of the following permissions on the root public folder tree:

• Create public folder

To resolve this issue, remove the explicit Deny for the Everyone group on these permissions:

1. Start Exchange System Manager.
    2. Under the Folders object, right-click the Public Folders object, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab, and then click the Everyone group.
    4. Click to de-select the Deny check box for the three following permissions:
      • Create public folder
    5. Click Apply, and then click OK to close the properties.

"my created folder is any folder that I created.  It can be one I have for invoices or other created folders.  For some reason, I can move to folders MS populates (trash, etc). 

Right now my thought is to wait for an update before testing further.  Hopefully a fix will come in July after the version for everyone else is shipped. 

I've tested on other machines and other people with imap verified it is happening.  Odd occurence. 

Saturday, June 12, 2010 3:00 AM
  • Are others not seeing this issue with their IMAP accounts?  

Unfortunately, I can't seem to recieve support from MS on this issue. 

I'm back to hoping a fix will be released soon. 

Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:49 PM
  • I see this also with my IMAP account. This is a regression from Outlook 2007.

Specifically, moving an email item from any IMAP folder to any other IMAP folder, the IMAP server reports OK for the COPY command, the Outlook client interprets OK as error, and does not do the corresponding delete. Item is copied successfully and exists in both folders.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:01 PM
  • I see this also with my IMAP account. This is a regression from Outlook 2007.

Specifically, moving an email item from any IMAP folder to any other IMAP folder, the IMAP server reports OK for the COPY command, the Outlook client interprets OK as error, and does not do the corresponding delete. Item is copied successfully and exists in both folders.

Crazy to me that others are not seeing this or that MS is not commenting on this issue. 

Guess they want everyone to use the new hotmail... well, I don't mind hotmail, but imap in office 2010 needs to be fixed.. gues we will have to wait until the first office pack to office for this issue to come to light. 

Silly, but no choice... nothing else to use.  Guess I'll keep office 2010 on my laptop and move over my other computers once this is fixed.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:49 AM
  • Hi

Just came across this thread now aswell.

I have the same problem with moving current new emails to the older folders i have created over the years.

Works sometimes but not all the times. I have to physically drag the new mails to the old folders.

When i use the "MOVE" option in 2010, and in there it lists the folders i have dragged the mails to. But if i select a folder there , i have the same error that i cannot move the folder. I then select the option "OTHER FOLDER" contained within the "MOVE" option. It them=n moves the mail without the error.

The strange problem, this is a bussiness enterprise release that my company has. A collegue has the same copy installed. Both have the exact same laptops with win 7 installed, same enviroment... but his MOVE option works perfectly. NO ERRORS on his folders.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Same issue.  No resolution.

ANYONE FIX THIS?

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:30 PM
  • It would be nice to have a resolution for this, as I'm having the same problem.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:46 PM
  • Yup - having the same issue. Manually can drag them just fine. Some of the PST folders work and some don't.

Rules ran just fine in Office 2010 before Windows 7.

Would like to find a solution from Microsoft.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:47 PM