none
Language pack to 64 bit word 2010

Question

•  

Language package to 64bit word 2010 ?

I am using word 2010 64-bit and windows 7 64-bit. I want the language pack to Danish. I have now bought it from Microsoft using the link provided in word 2010. I installed the language-pack but I get the message “You can't not install this package. The language pack is for 32-bit and can't be used on 64-bit Microsoft word 2010”

I want to know: How do I get a language package for Danish for Microsoft word 2010 64-bit version?

Thanks.

Monday, August 09, 2010 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Go to this link and select the language you need:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/language/office-language-packs-FX101825698.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA101828857

Click the Download button on the page, and you will be redirected to Microsoft Download Center to download the language pack. Scroll down the download page, and you can see the 32-bit and 64-bit software.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, August 13, 2010 8:56 AM
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:48 AM
  • When you're offered the option to download your purchase from Digital River, you'll see a link for Advanced Options. If you click this link, you'll be given the option to download the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the language pack.

I have to admit, I was confused for some time before I figured it out. Digital River should make this option clearer!

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by David Wolters Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:01 PM
    Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/language/office-language-packs-FX101825698.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA101828857

Click the Download button on the page, and you will be redirected to Microsoft Download Center to download the language pack. Scroll down the download page, and you can see the 32-bit and 64-bit software.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, August 13, 2010 8:56 AM
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:48 AM
  • FAil

this is only to download teh language pack that changes the user interface, this does not help you install a purcahsed office language pack into a 64-bit version of office 2010

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:45 PM

• Hi,

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Could you please answer the original question and not just provide a link to where the language module can be purchased. I have the same problem for both the Danish and Russian language modules and found your answer quite insulting to my intelligence.

Perhaps I will be better off phoning MS support for the first time in my life.

Many thanks,

El danes

Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:15 AM
  • I have the same problem and didn't find the response helpful. How do you dowload the full Office 2010 Danish Language Pack for 64-bit?

Thanks a lot,
    Carsten

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:58 AM
  • same problem,

and no, no evident solution, contrary to what Ms Sally says.

it did cost me 24 euro though....dripping (again) into the drain.

kind regards from vittorio

Friday, November 12, 2010 8:42 PM
  • Seems like my first attempt to post did not succeed..

I also wanted to install a language pack on my 64-bit office pro plus.. failed, and wasted money.

Check this:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/09/22/office-2010-language-packs-free-official-direct-download-links/

This page has direct links to the packs hosted on a domain registered to Digital River - the company that handles the transactions when buying language packs.

I hope someone has a good explanation for why the sold lang packs don't just work on any architecture, given they don't why there is no architecture selection when buying, and who is responsible for helping those who were unable to use the language packs they have downloaded. Finally this information should be included somewhere on the page where you buy the packs so that people can choose the correct one or get it corrected if they did not.

Cheers

• Proposed as answer by DevinTaft Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:43 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:00 AM
  • When you're offered the option to download your purchase from Digital River, you'll see a link for Advanced Options. If you click this link, you'll be given the option to download the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the language pack.

I have to admit, I was confused for some time before I figured it out. Digital River should make this option clearer!

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by David Wolters Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:01 PM
    Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:08 PM
  • They should make it clearer, I also didn't see it.

Thanks, downloading as we speak.... 

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:42 AM
  • I just had the same problem with German-proofing tools (and I didn't know about the above-mentioned link: so too bad for my c.£20; I feel as if I had been 'stung'). In any case, if you paid and you certainly want to download, then the screen could sometime be quite confusing. After you pay, it does not always take you to the 'advanced download' options. If it happens, you need to go to (on the page after your purchase, and perhaps from elsewhere) 'My Accound Page' or 'My Account'. It will open your purchased items, and items availble for download. Then you can click on 'Download' and in the next screen you will be able to choose between 32- und 64-bit versions.
    Monday, March 05, 2012 3:09 PM