none
Outlook 2010: error while preparing to send sharing message"

Question

• Outlook 2010: I created a new folder for contacts and I'm trying to share with others in our company. I already added delegates and granted them permission to see the folder. However, every time I try to share the folder, I get the error message: "error while preparing to send sharing message". How  can I fix this? Please help me with details. Thank you.
    Friday, June 01, 2012 6:05 PM

All replies

• Is there an Exchange server involved in this problem?  If so, what version, service pack and rollup hotfix level?

If not, this looks like an Outlook question, so I recommend you ask in the Outlook forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:12 AM
  • Outlook 2010: I created a new folder for contacts and I'm trying to share with others in our company. I already added delegates and granted them permission to see the folder. However, every time I try to share the folder, I get the error message: "error while preparing to send sharing message". How  can I fix this? Please help me with details. Thank you.

Can you see the free/busy information of the target  user?

Is target user an internal user or external user?

Can you share the default Contact folder in Outlook or OWA?

Thanks.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 04, 2012 2:39 AM