none
remote setup of office 2010 in japan

Question

• hi,

i've some new users starting in japan with japanese PCs.   So far so good, I've been able to join to the domain and install some apps.  However if I try to install office 2010 then I get an error at setup, but I can't read what it is.

Whilst I wait for my translators to wake up overnight, I wanted to check that I'd be able to install en-us office onto a japanese language machine ??

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:25 PM

Answers

• For some reason the network drive version of the same installation worked.  Its the same files so its odd as to why installing from a network share works, but a local copy of the same files didn't.

The message translated as "system does not support the language for install package"

Which as they're the same files I'd of expected for both network location and local copy.

Very odd.

Friday, May 04, 2012 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Usually, we can use the following Fix it solution to fix the installation problem of Office products:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

If the tool cannot fix the issue, I would suggest you search and post back the error message in the Office installation log which you can find in the following location for further support:

%temp%

Note: Paste the above location to Start->Run, and the click OK.

The file name looks like : SetupExe(201201161051321B8C).log

In addition, the following article could be helpful to troubleshoot the installing failures:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/odsupport/archive/2010/12/30/troubleshooting-office-installation-failures.aspx

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:10 AM
  • For some reason the network drive version of the same installation worked.  Its the same files so its odd as to why installing from a network share works, but a local copy of the same files didn't.

The message translated as "system does not support the language for install package"

Which as they're the same files I'd of expected for both network location and local copy.

Very odd.

Friday, May 04, 2012 9:34 AM