none
I Have a Problem With Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Question

• Hello,

I have previously installed 'Microsoft Office Mondo 2010 Beta' and I have problems with Outlook 2007 ever since.  I have finally managed to uninstall it and all of its folders and everything related to Microsoft Office 2010 Mondo Beta.  For some reason, I am still having problems with Outlook 2007.  When ever I open it, I get an error message that says "Cannot open you default e-mal folders.  An unexpected error has occurred.  MAPI was unable to load the information service MSNCON.DLL.  Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."  When I click "OK", Outlook just closes.

I have done some investigating and found that I don't even have that MSNCON.DLL in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office12/.  So I guess Outlook is trying to tell me I don't have a file it needs to operate with.

Any ideas of what I should do?  I already tried "Repairing" Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus, but that didn't help at all.

(P.S. There was no catagory for Outlook 2007, so I oicked the one that best fits).
    Monday, December 07, 2009 12:42 AM

Answers

• I downloaded the Office Professional 2010 Beta yesterday (Saturday).  I kept my Office Professional 2007, however. Everything appeared to work ok except the Outlook 2010.  Kept closing and then a dialogue box popped up this morning saying that a .dll file was not compatible.  I uninstalled the entire beta including the 2010 Outlook connector (from Control Panel).  Then I did a system restore and went back to Friday.  All my Office Professional 2007, including Outlook 2007, is working normally. 

Microsoft warns that only one Outlook can be installed at a time.  I couldn't figure out how to download the Beta without Outlook 2010 as I use my Outlook for all kinds of things.  I'm sure there is an easy answer to this question, but haven't found it yet.

Btw, the.dll file that it said was not compatible was called: OLMAPI32.dll.  My OS is Vista.
    • Marked as answer by CPU Master Monday, February 08, 2010 2:42 AM
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:29 PM

All replies

• I downloaded the Office Professional 2010 Beta yesterday (Saturday).  I kept my Office Professional 2007, however. Everything appeared to work ok except the Outlook 2010.  Kept closing and then a dialogue box popped up this morning saying that a .dll file was not compatible.  I uninstalled the entire beta including the 2010 Outlook connector (from Control Panel).  Then I did a system restore and went back to Friday.  All my Office Professional 2007, including Outlook 2007, is working normally. 

Microsoft warns that only one Outlook can be installed at a time.  I couldn't figure out how to download the Beta without Outlook 2010 as I use my Outlook for all kinds of things.  I'm sure there is an easy answer to this question, but haven't found it yet.

Btw, the.dll file that it said was not compatible was called: OLMAPI32.dll.  My OS is Vista.
    • Marked as answer by CPU Master Monday, February 08, 2010 2:42 AM
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:29 PM
  • If you want to evaluate and test the beta version of Office 2010, you may be better off using Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 to create a virtual machine, install Windows, then Office 2010 beta.  This will keep your current production version of Office and other software on your physical machine in tack and functional.

There may even be a pre configured virtual machine or virtual hard drive download that Microsoft provides for demo and evaluation purposes.

Friday, February 12, 2010 4:57 AM